Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '95 XCR 600 and I am wondering if anyone out there can tell me the part number for the reverse kit that goes on my sled. I contacted my local dealer, but they didn't seem like they were sure of the part number. I think they are still getting used to their software (new dealership as of last fall). If anyone out there knows the part number for the reverse kit, please let me know. Thanks.

David M.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
the part #'s for a 1997 xcr 440 are as follows: reverse base kit2871841,reverse gear kit2870947

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input, but I think (but don't know for sure because I know very little about sleds) that the 440 was a twin engine and the 600 is a triple... I would think that the reverse kits would have to be completely different. If I'm wrong, someone plaese tell me. [:)]

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't think that displacement makes a difference. However, I do think that body style does. 95 is a wedge? 97 is?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
the 97 is a wedge also, they used the wedge up to 98, 99 was the gen II,then it was by, by for wedge. these part #'s will work for your machine other than they are the hyvo chain and sprockets, they are the wider ones used on the 600 and 700 twins, also used on the newer models. this was the only #'s i could find. sorry.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, again I thank people for their input... but I have found the correct part numbers for the reverse kit and the gear. I was hoping to get them from someone on here before an auction ended on ebay. I really want reverse on my sled, but no one on ebay ever sells the one I need.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, the part numbers are as follows...

Reverse Base Kit # 2870861
Reverse Gear # 2870947 (XCR440 was right on this one :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts