Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally, after months of waiting I was able to pull the trigger on my Switchback and Ditch-Bangers Dragon (aka The Monster). Last week Ditch-Banger, myself and our spouses went up north in search of snow. The outcome was in our favor and we were able to put on 160miles.

My first impression of the IQ chassis is one of pure happiness. The switchback handled everything beautifully. There was a little bit of push in the tight corners, but that can be taken care of. Beyond that it felt much more stable than my Edge chassis. There is no comparison between the IQ and the Edge when it came to the bumps, the IQ wins hands down. Power output from the 600HO CFI was great. The Team Secondary was a welcomed addition providing excellent backshifting. Riding whether seated or standing was very comfortable, in fact I found myself sitting more than I normally would.

The Dragon has all the same positives and the extra HP to boot. It will be a tough 700 to beat.

These are the only two pics I took during the first two rides:

[attachment=54499]

[attachment=54500]

Here are some pics from my third ride, where I was able to test out the sled in some ditches and deep snow. The sled handled the ditches flawlessly.... Well except for one "Stuck"

[attachment=54501]

[attachment=54502]

We came along this truck stuck in the ditch:

[attachment=54503]

we spent about 20-30 minutes busting the drifts that were on this hill.

[attachment=54504]

[attachment=54505]

[attachment=54506]

[attachment=54507]

[attachment=54508]

[attachment=54509]

[attachment=54510]

[attachment=54511]

This cat would have been with us..... but he fell victim to a snapped drive shaft.

[attachment=54512]

Attachments

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
It looks like there is quite a bit of snow around them parts. Your review is pretty much exactly the same as everyone else who moves from an EDGE or Pro-X to an IQ chassis. There is simply no comparison, that's how much better the IQ is. I'm glad you got some ride time on. I have close to 250 miles on this season, Tim (sledwrecker) has about 370 on his Dragon 700. He loves his sled too, as I do mine. We can't wait until the ride the end of January!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Looks sweet. unfortunatly we havent had any snow around here to take mine out but if everyone is saying it is phenominal moving up from the edge than i guess it will by one hell of a step up from the old indy 500. looks like you had lots of fun. Now we just need to convince mother nature that we need snow in Wi too.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by PolarisRocks0822
[br]quick question for ya Darkstar was this at your home town? by the way nice sled and pics
Yep that is about 10 miles from my house and thank you.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
i see u like the iq chassis to. even tho mines the fusion it feels like a bunch of steps ahead of the edge. glad you got to ride yours. great pics

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, that is the ditch on Hwy 7, west of St. Boni.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
looking good!!! atleast you guys can get some seat time before the ride!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Great report darkstar I have been waiting for it after you posted your new switchback pics last fall. Did you try the dragon sled?? If you did what Difference would it make if you had the 700 motor in your new swithcback??

Weight Transfer

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by weight transfer
[br]Great report darkstar I have been waiting for it after you posted your new switchback pics last fall. Did you try the dragon sled?? If you did what Difference would it make if you had the 700 motor in your new swithcback??

Weight Transfer
The only difference would be a little more snap and top end. The 600 felt very close to the 700, but you could feel the additional 15hp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts