Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard a lot about the '03 revs. Are they really what they are cracked up to be.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i donno i never really rode one for long (35 minutes) but the seating position took some getting used yo, and the heated carbs were screwing up. it wouldnt start after a grand total of 22 km! th e dealer said it was the heated carbs boiling the cabs dry, id wait till next year when they work the bugs out

·
Registered
699 Posts
i would to just like the firecats good sleds but wait till the bugs are worked out in fact goes for any brand spankin new design thing cars boats sleds u get the picture

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i ahve a lot of miles on my rev this year and i can honestly say it's the coolest thing i've ever rode, it does take a little getting used to though.. however, the more you ride it, the more you like it!! it does make flat trails kinda boring, your constantly looking for the rough line through the corners. sounds stupid but its fun to blast through whoops that would shorten ya up by a few inches on your old ride. the best thing about it-- it makes me a better and faster rider and at the end of the day, i'm not laying in the fetal position on the couch. it just does'nt tax your body like the conventional sleds.. but, i must admit i have a biased opinion. after all, i do bleed yellow. so take this for what it's worth[:D][:D]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Even though you state that you "bleed yellow" its still a good review none the less. Also its one I'm personally glad to hear, since I'll be riding yellow for 04'. [:D]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I dunno, I am constantly looking for bumpy corners with my Polaris Pro X and I've never spent the evening curled up in pain. I usually spent the evening back out on the sled.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
that is because i'm am merely mortal while you remain the sled god i've come to know and love[:D][:D]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
sarcastic much?

You honestly think that everyone on a "non REV" sled spends their nights in pain? Jeez dude.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i ride hard as hell on my xcr 680 n im never doubled over in pain, hell im sittin home after a day wanting to still b out tehre bangin the twistys or rampin the whoops

·
Registered
187 Posts
in case you're thinkin of a mountain rev... (summit) we had a chance to ride one for a day at Revelstoke, (800,16"x144)... my Buddy rides a vert escape... and is skilled WAY beyond me.. i saw him climb further than ever,... altho it took a couple of hours to get used to the "tippier" feeling Rev,... he loved it, and snochecked one last Wednesday... sidehilling was amazing... he actually had to kick Out from the hill instead of in,... i was impressed as hell.... Got a chance to ride it for a while on some groomed trail on the way up the mountain,... i liked the quick turning at low speeds. it actually felt alot like ridin my sportsman quad, with the handlebars way up,... it was nice & smooth too..
there's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
all i can say is looky at my title. and then listen to what i ride. 95 zr 580 yes a CAT and i must say when my whole group is sore at the end of the day im begging them to go out for more. to tell you the truth i think my title needs to be changed to plain ole moderator again cuz this is the first sled i rode that would convert me. i still love my polaris sleds i do have 2 of them but this cat sled of mine has been such a good sled to me i think i am gonna keep it instead of the plans i had ealier in the season.Yes im gonna be doing some work to my sled this summer, Bar risers shocks are in the shop as of today being rebuilt and revalved stiffer, Looking for a good paint scheme or graphics kit, tons of other plans yet as well. REV's seem like good sleds, Ugly IMHO but decent sleds. as do the new firecats. Well see what the next few years of new releases will bring us.......

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Most people i know prefer the new ZR over the firecats in the handeling department,the Rev is a great sled.i know a guy thats dumping his RX1 for a 800 Rev next year

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
p-man, i'm just havin fun with ya, don't take it the wrong way, i mean't compared to my 01' mxzx, my rev don't beat me up as much. if ya all love what you ride, more power to ya! this was only my slightly jaded opinion. also, i find it hard to believe after 250 miles or so on those wonderfully groomed trails we found in the u.p. this year, you would not be sore as well. of course i got 10 years on ya so i'm not quite as rubbery as you young bucks. as for the sarcastic business, maybe a little bit, but its all done in good fun[:)][:)]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Originally posted by dgerlach55033
[br]p-man, i'm just havin fun with ya, don't take it the wrong way, as for the sarcastic business, maybe a little bit, but its all done in good fun[:)][:)]
That's pretty much the way I read it too. Just a little fun. [;)] [^]

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yah I figure when I start turning gray I'd better look for something w/ more suspension too.. prehaps and e-z lift to get me on and off too.. but until then, or until the money tree sprouts a few more branches (always hoping).. I'll keep pounding my x-tra10, and still walk away from a 300 mile day..

I did however get the chance to ride a new REV this year as well.. I must say it's totally different feelin' then anything I've riden before.. I wish I had more time to spend on it, I didn't have enough time to form a solid opinion one way or the other..

It's hard to convince guys w/ the newer stuff to ride my old girl.. I always get the same shocked response.. "how do you ride that thing.!?"

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
geez indy 650, being a little harsh on us old timers, aint ya?? j/k. athough i am 31 i can still stuff a ski in the tunnel of most people i ride with[:)][:)]

·
Registered
637 Posts
It's all in good fun.. Don't worry I ride w/ a couple 50 something year olds that have no trouble stickin' me at the back of the pack.. You could argue that it's all that extra suspension.. But I think it has something to do w/ the fact they've been riding since moses was a boy..

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
in fact, when i graduated high school, what i wanted more than anything was a brand new '91 indy 650.. could'nt swing it however and had to go for the 500 (first new sled).. so i have a soft spot for them older indys. the 650 is the best sounding engine to this day!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts