Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i just started working on sleds last year and only really do it before the winter months (month or 2 before)
but im trying to change that because after looking at sleds in here, i makes me want to make my sled looks a lot better lol
so my questions are

1Q: i have a 2001 Polaris XC 500 and im pretty sure i saw someone with the same sled (it was a black and red. mostly black)
or same chassis have a short seat. i really liked the look of it and i was wondering if someone could hook me up with a
website or product name.

2Q:the same black and red sled sat a lot higher then mine. i liked the look of it also. i was just wondering if it's just
new shocks you have to buy or if there is more to it then that.

Any help would be great :) thanks a lot

(no idea how to post pictures to show you my current ride height)

·
Registered
584 Posts
It was probobly a polaris shorty seat. They were made for the edge chassis pro-xr's and some pro-x's in 04 i think. they were also used on their newer 550 fan cooled supersports. They will pretty much bolt on to your sled with very small modification. Tons of people have done this switch you can look all over the forum. Check ebay for them there is usually a few from $100-$350.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tughillboy said:
It was probobly a polaris shorty seat. They were made for the edge chassis pro-xr's and some pro-x's in 04 i think. they were also used on their newer 550 fan cooled supersports. They will pretty much bolt on to your sled with very small modification. Tons of people have done this switch you can look all over the forum. Check ebay for them there is usually a few from $100-$350.

thanks for the help.
where do you look on here for stuff being sold?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still need help with the ride height? i would like to make my
ride height sit higher in the back and front.

thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sinkic said:
still need help with the ride height? i would like to make my
ride height sit higher in the back and front.
Maybe you were looking at the RMKs or SwitchBacks which had the taller trailing arms? Although it may appear to look cooler, a taller sled won't handle as well on the trail due to the center of gravity(CG) being that much further up. That Edge chassis that you've got is hands down, one of the best handling/riding sled on the trail. Although I don't have a shorty seat for my Edge, it seems as though the taller seat would affect corner to corner handling being that much taller. The only reason I would want a shorty seat is if I did more boondocking, it'd be easier to transition from sitting to standing. If you decide a shorty seat is for you, stand in line, because they are pretty hard to get your hands on for under 300 bucks! Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
hey, i think innisfil is somewhat close to sudbury, i have a shorty seat that i am looking to get rid of, and as for ride height, for the front it could be that your shocks are old and springs have fatigued, check ebay for a set of walker evans or fox floats with a somewhat close shock length, i have 08 IQr shocks front and rear on my 03 prox. the rears as said before you can do a drop bracket setup, they are very simple to make if you dont want to spend the money on them. pm if you are interested in the seat, it was just recovered and it is black and white

1 - 8 of 8 Posts