Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
are you gonna be back in ONT for the winter Lilly. I remember reading that your sled was in Sudbury.

·
Registered
879 Posts
if this does work out....people will def have to go in groups...many groups actually because trying to ride with like 30+ people will def not work out lol.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Lefty said:
if this does work out....people will def have to go in groups...many groups actually because trying to ride with like 30+ people will def not work out lol.
No it is kinda cool riding all together, especially on lakes but the trail is good too. Just look at videos of other forum group rides, evryone is more or less together.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i would love to see 30+ people out. snow is coming still dont have a trail map but what ever. anyways i was thinking that we would meet at port of orillia, everyone find a parking spot if there trailering. its free to park there. ride would most likely be middle of the "good riding season". so here are some possible loops. ride from orillia to the blue mountains, power ride up there for a while, get gas and take the secondary trails back. or. ride up the bracebridge then to the segwin trail cut of, head up towards parry sound then cut accross to huntsville, then come home. this route there is quite alot of lakes tho. other people can add routes of where they would like to go. im not too picky, im just getting thing going

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i was thinking by the railbed that goes across ontario kinda so we can go where ever we want from there.

·
Registered
318 Posts
obsessed said:
are you gonna be back in ONT for the winter Lilly. I remember reading that your sled was in Sudbury.
OBSESSED:
Yes, that's the intent. My house is actually listed right now. When it sells I will be returning to Sudbury. [thumb] Hopefully in time for some riding.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I ride solo and fast

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Any more progress on a date or anything???

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have a few questions. Are there liability issues concerning SF because some of you are not yet 18?? Second is this gonna be an overnighter? I am down for an overnight trip but so far it looks like myself, polarispimpman and Lilly are the only ones over 19. Haha just some Issues I think we should discuss.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i dont think there will be too much of a problem since most will prolly bring family. anyways if we are the only ones over 19. that just means more beer for us.. haha jk. but really i have yet to come up with any real dates. snow is on its way tho

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Well boys and girl, its time to start thinking about some dates because I just put 180 km on today south of the ottawa valley and the rest of the province has more!! Lets get serious now.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Yea iam down for an overnighter I think we should go for a ride over the christmas break because thats when everyone has more time to do stuff like this BUT I dont think it should be just a trail ride because they can get very boring somtimes

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i agree that its time to get down to business. trails are starting to open just north of orillia, and grooming and packing has begun. as for the post of there should be more than just trail riding. trust me if we make this happen, you will be on some or the best trails in ontario. i think when we finialize the route we should take into concideration of lakes, hence some people actually advoid them all together. also, we would have to make sure there was rest stops for food and fuel so i think the huge 150mile loops way up north might be out of the question. i would like to plan our own loop of say 300+ miles for either a day or over night ride. im looking over my trail maps right now (i have all of them for some reason) i was thinking now maybe a loop up towards dorset then across to pembrook (sp) then back home on one of the D trails that goes from bracebridge into seabright back into orillia, if that where we would start from.. just some ideas. i dont see anyone else picking their routes

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
We gotta hit the rail bed that is defently a nice ride, we gotta figure out a meeting spot Iam on B104 trail out by Norland where is everyone else? maybe we can make a fair spot to meet then plan our ride from that point.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We should make this happen soon, trails were getting groomed yesterday in barrie and coldwater, we got a good fott and a hlaf of snow last night, plus the lakes are frozen over! nice early start to the season! :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I wouldnt want to go on the lakes yet see they froze over now there is almost 2 feet of snow on them so the snow acts like a blanket and now it takes a long time for the water to freeze

·
Registered
431 Posts
Any chance this is still a go? Sled is finally back together, and looking for other members to meet up with!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts