Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ride or has rode Radium B.C. Canada, never rode the area myself, but might giver a go between xmas and new years.
Just looking for any comments and suggessions about the areas.

Thanks dudes[8D]

·
Registered
344 Posts
i've never rode there before. but this summer i was up there and did the biggest belly flop i have ever done in the radium hot sprigns pool. lets just say my stomach was red for the rest of my week long trip. [8D]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ridden there several times. There are some good areas, but the more "public" areas like Forester was kinda lame. I won't go back for the simple reason the locals DO NOT WANT SLEDDERS THERE. All skiers....found some very hostile people in the gas stations, restaurants, and lounges. Actually had the lud nuts on my truck loosened by some kind soul. And ya....the rear wheel fell off with 2 sleds on the deck. Bastards.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WOW, hard to believe.
My wife's family is from Fairmont, and I have met a few local sledders over the years but they are not around to take me up to a few areas (do like hooking up with experienced riders for the first time in an area)
I think the locals better start liking sledders since the snow at the ski hills has sucked for many years now, and we (sledders) don't need the ski lifts and runs (we make our own)the thing that attracts me is there is not many people sledding there (more snow for me!!)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the first trip is finally in the books, two buddies and myself hooked up with a local (wifes friends boyfriend)
We rode Forester the first day, and forgot my camera!
Next day we rode Paradice Mines
and here it is:
[attachment=55272]

[attachment=55273]
my new wallpaper^^

[attachment=55275]
Another pic on top of the world sporting the new NFG decal

[attachment=55278]

[attachment=55281]
beating my mark just before a crash

[attachment=55282]
Hit a rut, tried to pin it through some trees(bigger than it looked.
Did a superman (without my sled) and here is the result.

[attachment=55285]
one week later and it still hurts[:(]

First time at Radium and I shall return, many new areas to hit yet

Attachments

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I really like that wind sheild did you buy it or cut the stock one down? Pics are great i want to be there!!!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
looks like u had some fun......hows that superman treatin ya lol

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Achotrod
[br]I really like that wind sheild did you buy it or cut the stock one down? Pics are great i want to be there!!!!!!
Its off of a Polaris,and had to do some trimming to fit it.
The areas I normally ride are all under heavy snowfall warnings, and is to be sunny on the weekend, but cold, so I might head out.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ya im pretty pumped to get out to the rockies weekend after next i take my avalanche saftey course and ya out in crowsnest pass and others area thers been some bad avalanche warings cus of the huge dump of fresh snow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts