Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Rifle, Co from Seattle. Where's some good places to ride? Is there enough snow anywhere near to ride now?

Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
i used to live in rifle, never rode there though....but theres a lot of good areas within an hour.

the flattops.

sw of g.w.s behind sunlight ski resort.

maybe around mt. sopris (unless they've closed it off to mobiles)

i would doubt that there's enough snow yet except for trail riding. but you probably have more than we do down here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll have to check them out!

Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mike,
I live in Carbondale. Thers is so much ridding here that you will never be boared.
Aspen way is
Independence Pass: at the end of HWY 82
Little Annies Road: to richmond ridge (great sled skiing and decent sledding and great trail to Taylor Res over by Crested Butte) At aspen round about take castle creek road 5 miles
Lenado: is a great area with some high alpine meadows. Exit 82 on way to Aspen just Aspen side of Snowmass canyon. Called upper river road. Go 3 miles to woody creek. Hang a Left on woody creek road. 8 milkes up road
Carbondale / Glenwood way
SP Trails: Sunlight to Powderhorn trail system. Trailheads in Carbondale, Glenwood and one closer to you I think. Get a map from the local forest dervice office
Transfer trail: near gondola in Glenwood. Long ride in to great meadows and steeps. Also accesable from Coffee Pot road in Dotsero
Rifle/Silt
Flattops: outside Rifle/Silt. Ask for directions from Rifle Performance Sleds (skidoo).
Kebler Pass: off Hwy 133 west of Carbondale. Pass goes over to Crested Butte

All these areas are within 1 to 1.5 hours of you.

check out coloradosledcity.com for more info and local message board.

PM me if you want to go ride!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts