Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had the torque specs. and whatever info for re-building a 2003 F7 efi. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I included some pics of my cylinder and piston. if anyone can tell me any thoughts as to what happened I would greatly appreciate it. I was riding for about 2-3 hours along the trails and the through back woods, and the way home me and friend did one pass on the 1/8 mile drag strip. I didn't bring it to the bar so I don't think I over reved it. A friend told me it was a 4 corner stop, I thought the rings gave out.[xx(]
[attachment=57765][attachment=57766] [attachment=57767]
[attachment=57768]
[attachment=57769]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Picture in the top left shows that part of the top ring is still there.

Either you got the motor really hot or ran low on oil, judging by the sides of the pistons and cylinders. Usually they don't get scored by the pin, so you must have gotten it pretty hot.

My guess is your bottom ring stuck, allowing the air/fuel to seep by the top rining causing your erosion in the top left picture. Then I'm thinking the top ring let go, bounced around for awhile and then got stuck in side (top right picture).

It's kind of hard to give a series of events, but thats how it plays out in my mind.

The scuffing could also have occured once the rings went, but I still think it got pretty hot in their first.

Perhaps someone with more experience in this could enlighten you better. I'm still learning most of this stuff in college.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
are you letting you're sled warm up properly??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts