Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a topic, but it got archived, and my links to my pictures are broken. So, for all of those who havn't seen my sled, here are a bunch of pictures of it:

the piston I pulled from it [:0]

A pic from when i first got it, before I rode it much or rebuilt it.

Me gettin a little air time.

A high speed rise, only like a 1' lip, but at 50mph, you lift off!

Another high speed lip.

Bustin a drift. See me hunched over? That's why my 6' ass bought a 2" riser block and put it on!

Cool jump at a lake we ripped around on.

That's me on the far end... What a linup! (and the cat was the only one that didn't make it home in one piece - driver ran it out of oil, lol)

That about covers it. So there is my baby.

1992 Polaris 440 XCR
with: .060" bore job, wiseco forged pistons (452cc now)

Here is one last shot, this shot was taken this season, feb 7th. I've gotten alot better at riding, and also have a better camera :)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Nice shots!
Pic #7 is a cool one.

Did your circlip come loose on your piston in that pic?....ouch!
I've never had Wiseco's, how do you like them?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Great pics man, makes me want to ride! How's that low wind shield treat you?

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Out of that lineup, looks like the XC 600 may have a slight advantage over everyone else.

I need to get a lineup of the sleds around here.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
yep, being over 6' sucks...especially when you're jumping but intead you're hunching. How do you like the 2" risers?? I've got 1" but am thinking of going to 3...enough of that soar back crap

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I'm 6'4 and I have 4" risers, and it's really comfy.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
im bout 6 foot and got 3 inch risers this year, seems to help, but i think they could actually be higher as i never sit down when riding it seems like, i havent really got to ride yet this year.....but they seem to be workin out good for me neway

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I havn't had a chance to ride with the risers, they are new as of this fall...

And yes, i think what happend is the circlip got aten by the motor. So far the wiseco's are going good. 1000 miles, no problems. Was down on power last year, but my clutch was real messed up (weight busings shot weights were dragging along clutch pieces).

the XC 600 is my dad's, and top end wise his sled rocked all of ours. but accelleration, the sno-pro and mine were even with him for a while, till like 50mph.

-Dean

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
were those pics taken w/ a digital camera or a regular one? my digital camera CANNOT take pics like that of moving sleds no matter what...lol.....it kinda sux that way, i wish it could tho

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
nice pics ripperd, now i really want to ride

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Nice Pics,
I put a chrome-moly steering post in mine this year 1" taller and it has a 2" riser block so for a guy 6'5" it is pretty comfortable even over jumps and while standing and riding in the deep powder. Nice looking bunch of sleds.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TTT, resurected this topic from the dead, and edited it with pics that work!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Cool pics, looks like nice snow in the last pic..

·
Registered
104 Posts
does your xcr have xtra 10 .i cant tell .but i hope so cuz 1 of those jumps looks like it would hurt if your didn't have xtra 10

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, originally it had the standard suspension, not an xtra-10. But I broke a rail last year, so I ended up getting a trail tamer skid used for a deal, so that's what is in it this season. And yes, i bottomed it regularly before the trail tamer!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts