Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im getting a 2 inch riser with pro taper bars so approx 4inches in total what all do i have to get?

What cable extensions (break?throttle?lights?) i have no idea?handwarmers? grips? anyone with this information tell me and approx in cdn dollars plz

Thanks
1999 Polaris 700 SKS

·
Registered
476 Posts
thortle pobley i am doing a 5/14 1 on my sled i got the 4 inch pivot type powerd madd and i needed a throtle extesnion and i need to make my electrical longer and possilbe brake line

·
Registered
18 Posts
that will be a total of 6in. so you will prob. need pivot riser, bars, hand warmers unless you can save the old ones, grips, bar pad, throttle ext. maybe electrical ext., maybe brake, and if you get really ambitious get an aluminum throttle block and just a kill switch next to your throttle block, prices vary from like 250 to like 600 maybe even less depending what you go with.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i dont agree with canman at all. i put a 4inch riser on mod bars wiht a tottal of 5 inchs of rise for me i had to unscrew the handle bar parts ( ie brakes, throttle, killswitch etc...) cut the girps off i was careful and saved the warmers( takes twice as long but im short on $$$) put my new bar on with the 4 inch riser block needed to lenghten 2 of my wires clipped and slpliced a 4 inch peice of wire for each 1.

very minumum for cost i see is ( in american)

$20 (grips)
$80 (bars)
$35 (riser)
$25 (bar pad)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went with a a 4inch riser and a power mad pivot which gave me a total of about 6inch of rise just moved every thing around brake cable is a little tight but it is as tough as hell i can still use about 2 more inch but then every thing changes new break electrical throttle everything gets extesnions on my xcsp x 800 2001 i also went from 121 inch track to 144 inch love the off trial in the Midwest mostly the U P

·
Registered
611 Posts
Originally posted by SnowKingSpecial
[br]Ok so im getting a 2 inch riser with pro taper bars so approx 4inches in total what all do i have to get?

What cable extensions (break?throttle?lights?) i have no idea?handwarmers? grips? anyone with this information tell me and approx in cdn dollars plz

Thanks
1999 Polaris 700 SKS

·
Registered
18 Posts
i did not have to do the brake line, or electrical, just throttle, and the reason my handlebars were spendy is that i had a billet alluminum fly racing pivot and bullet aluminum fly racing duel sided riser, and pro taper pre bent straight bars, and a billet aluminum fly throttle block. what is on mine is on high end pricing. (not worth the money) def. could have went with powermadd, just as good! also all makes and models of sled can be different for lengths of cable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.