Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting on a 8inch RSI bar on top of my 2inch bar riser after this season. i do not have a place to store my sled indoors over the summer. well maybe but not likely. my sleds will probably be on the trailer this summer. problem is my stock cover i highly doubt will fit with that much of a bar rise. what do you do? get a big tarp? how do you trailer them with a large rise? do they make custom covers for this?

· Registered
2,575 Posts
Your putting a 8inch riser on top of a 2inch riser? Im confused. Yeah, just put a tarp on it. And the trailer thing...why wouldn't you be able to trailer it?

· Registered
5,007 Posts
You can probably have someone add some fabric to your current cover. Most new sled covers have extra already and they have a strap you cinch up. If you had to this summer you could just unbolt the riser and lay the bars down. Make sure you get your track off the ground to prevent "track rot" and it's good to get the pressure off the rear shocks. I even throw a block under my bulkheads so my front shocks aren't compressed all summer, I'm pretty anal though.

· Registered
2,957 Posts
Why are you bolting a riser to a riser? Sounds like it good turn bad. Why not just go with a 10" riser and save yourself the trouble. Also, I would just get some vinyl or something and cut a hole in your current cover, then stitch a spot for you bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.