Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see and handlebar risers in the Polaris Catalog. What risers do you guys use and how much $ should I expect to pay? I have an '02 550 Supersport.

AKScrambler

·
Registered
268 Posts
My fathers 700 RMK has after-market risers. His was bought from Dennis Kirk or Shade-Tree Powersports for around $50. May seem expensive but its worth the money in the powder.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Instead of riser blocks, two years ago i bought the handlebars from a ZR and put them on my XCR. It came with hooks, it put the bars up higher, and they are also straight. I won't ever go back, they are great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
why would you want higher bars vs the stock hieght? im new to snowmobiling so i dont know, is it better in certian conditions or is it more of comfort?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would think that higher bars are better for riding where you can ride back on the sled and not kill your back as much. I personally dont mind a regular stock bar. One thing I do wish I could have is a throttle that didnt hurt my thumb!!

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by smontanye:

why would you want higher bars vs the stock hieght? im new to snowmobiling so i dont know, is it better in certian conditions or is it more of comfort?

[/quote]

95 XLT Special
88 Saffari 377
89 Saffari Saga 377

·
Registered
529 Posts
They also help if you so alot of riding standing up. This usually happens on the rougher trails or if you do some xc racing.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
heres the run-down:
all model polaris
1"-13.99
2"-21.99
3"-29.99

the following info was taken from the 2002 dennis kirk catalog, of which i am in no way affiliated with, just happen to have one handy..........page 253 to be exact

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I use raised handlebars, because they are more comfortable while stand up riding; and makes it easier on your back. This gives you the ability to use your legs to take smoother landings and fly through the air with more control than sitting on the seat. This is usually for very aggresive riding that provides quicker reaction, better balance, and a maneuverable ride. Strait bars allow a person to hang on better, and give more leverage in turns. They're nice for mountain sleds too.

Watch Blair Morgan ride Sno X, he's notorious for riding stand-up style. IT all goes back to Moto X bikes who ride standing all the time, and has made it's way to snowmobiles.

Let it snow!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by niceorange:

I would think that higher bars are better for riding where you can ride back on the sled and not kill your back as much. I personally dont mind a regular stock bar. One thing I do wish I could have is a throttle that didnt hurt my thumb!!

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by smontanye:

[/quote]

95 XLT Special
88 Saffari 377
89 Saffari Saga 377[/quote]
Niceorange get a 2 stage throttle they work great. had on on my ultra and deffinitly worth the price

Women leave you,
Bosses fire you,
Friends forget you,
SLEDDIN IS FOREVER!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. I ordered a Dennis Kirk catalog, but am still waiting for it. :)

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by xltman:

heres the run-down:
all model polaris
1"-13.99
2"-21.99
3"-29.99

the following info was taken from the 2002 dennis kirk catalog, of which i am in no way affiliated with, just happen to have one handy..........page 253 to be exact

[/quote]

AKScrambler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts