Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have an 83 rm 250 nd when i start it up it runs real high in rpms, before i would start it up and if i let off the gas it would die now it runs real high and when it warms up when i take off the choke it get higher and higher till i have to hit the kill switch or itl go till it blows, what wrong? i thought i had an air leak so i found a big crack in the carb boot and i replaced it, but it still does this i dont see anywere else it will leak, so i need help, now i do see in the left side of the carb there is a hole, above the bowl,it looks like a screw went there or sumthing but there isnt one, so i started it up and coverd the whole with my finger and it makes no diff i need help!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
maby you have a seal leak on the crank. an air leak sounds like the only thing that could be wrong, i hadthat happen to me on an ol 73 cr250, carb flange was cracked and the thing just ran wide open, maby clean ur carb jsut to see if it makes a differnece, but i think u have a bad seal on the crank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.