Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what the stock gearing on a 99 RMK 700 is? I'm looking to gear down a bit to get more bottom end. What can I do without changing the chain, or do I have to anyway. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Should be 19-39 stock, and might be able to fit a 41 bottom gear with the stock chain. Don't go any lower on top due to tight turning radius which leads to premature wear.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks myvertxcape. I will look into that. Good info to know!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

According to partsland it's 21/41 with a 70 pitch chain. Options are pretty limited with that chain, you could go 20/42 and keep the same chain. Your gear ratio will change from 1.95 to 2.10, should be a noticable change.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Radianguy for the info & link. I'm going to try that setup out. I don't care about going 100mph I just want more punch at low end & mid range [:p]
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
No problem. I just finished a similar swap. I went from a 20/40 set up to a 19/41,should be nice.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Well I finally have a few miles on with my new gear set up and I love it. The pull in the mid range is unbelievable, and my top end isn't hurting much if at all. On a short stretch of road last week I had the speedo up to 90 mph before running out of room, was still pulling. I think I may need to drop my weights a little though, the bottom end fells a bit boggy until you reach about 5000 rpm. I may drop weights from 62g to 60g or up my engagement RPM a little. What sounds better to do?

·
Registered
50 Posts
10-58, or 60's try either of them out[8D]

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It's been a while and I have about 1200 miles on this set up but last week I put a set of 22/38 gears in, holy **** what a difference. I thought I was done with the top end until my buddy traded his RS Venture for an 07 Attack. Power has improved in the entire range, I love this set up. Next I'm going to try a black/green primary spring(120-340) and up my weights to 64g. I have a buddy that has an 03 600 RMK (1.25 track) with this set up, his gearing is 20/39. It has been mentioned for me to try 21/39 also. I love tuning.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
If your RPM's are spot on right now, I wouldn't change your weights, unless you're going to try a different primary spring as well to change engagement RPM. Check your belt deflection.

Bottom end bog may be from jetting. Play with you fuel screws and air screws to see if that makes a difference. May want to change needle clip position as well. Be sure to watch your plugs though.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Belt deflection is good, I don't have the bog anymore. I am going to try a black/green primary spring (120-340) and 64g weights. Right now I have a dark blue/white spring (120-310) and 62g weights. It should work, works great in the 600 RMK. I will post results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.