Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2002 rmk 800 that was rode in the mountains and the clutch snapped off wondering if weights would have caused this?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
So the primary clutch snapped off? Sounds like a Polaris 800 crank failure. Probably needs a new crank and some case boring to get it good again.

There's a company that does a big bearing kit, can't think of them off the top of my head. Someone will chime in with it though.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
http://stores.ebay.com/Indy-Specialty

I would be contacting Dan and have him do a complete bottom end machine job. Need to make sure the case is straight and within tight tolerances. Most the time the 800's and some 700's were shipped with way too much slop in the crank bearing area. It allowed the crank to flex and usually the clutch snapped off flush with the case.

slp has a bearing kit and I beleive will do the upgrade. Not sure about getting the case right though??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy i bought it from just got the bottom and top end redone on the motor. Ill have to figure it out thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put on new brand new clutch runs great!! But when i took the chain case dip stick out and its a milky colour that means there water in it right? Just curious what would cause this any ideas?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
bearing leaking....

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
RMK800_02 said:
Put on new brand new clutch runs great!! But when i took the chain case dip stick out and its a milky colour that means there water in it right? Just curious what would cause this any ideas?
So the crank didn't break, the clutch fell off or the clutch bolt broke and the clutch fell off? I'm confused?

·
Registered
844 Posts
[/quote]
I'm confused?
[/quote]

But you're not alone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The clutch just snapped right off broke the bolt. It snapped the shaft right under the belt. When the polaris guy went to remove the spyder it wouldn't even come off even after we welded inside the shaft to shrink the threads so the guy before me must have been messing with it. The mechanic said it defenatly wasn't the bearings that was a relief!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts