Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding the other night and my sled started to pop and misfire when I would open it up. I parked it in the garage when I got home and the next night I tried new plugs to see if that was the problem. Same thing. I left it for another night and checked the carbs and they looked fine. Went to start it up and now there's no spark. I've already put on a new coil and checked all the wiring. Could it be the CDI or the stator?? I would love to get this fixed as we just got some new powder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by pinko
[br]I was out riding the other night and my sled started to pop and misfire when I would open it up. I parked it in the garage when I got home and the next night I tried new plugs to see if that was the problem. Same thing. I left it for another night and checked the carbs and they looked fine. Went to start it up and now there's no spark. I've already put on a new coil and checked all the wiring. Could it be the CDI or the stator?? I would love to get this fixed as we just got some new powder.
Check to see if your throttle safety switch is acting up, maybe the button is sticking in on it. Just play with the throttle a bit, moving it in diffrent positions, and snap it a couple of times to try and get it back into its normal posititon. If that isn't it, call your local polaris dealer for some tests for your stator, and your cdi.

·
Registered
146 Posts
the little button on the handle bar side of the grip where the throttle touches the back of the thingy. There is a teeny button there, and that has caused me a=some trouble by being a little loose on the throttle cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts