Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awesome weekend. Fresh pow. blue bird skies yesterday. Overcast/snowing Sunday.

Out playing around in the untouched having a grand old time, sore from Saturday's ride so was going to be a quick day, get going about 9 and be back to the truck by about 2 or so. Needless to say all was going good. and we were right on track until about 10:30 or so.

Ever see a ski point backwards?

There is one!

The Culprit:

I'm OK!

Tidying 'er up for the ride home:

It pulled real hard to the left for some reason and we could each only go about a quarter mile on the hardpack before getting exhuasted so decided to just tow it out.

It has been an expensive year. 150 miles on the M8 when I started this morning, probably 170 or so now. :face-icon-small-sad

Here is the link to the helmet cam footage:

http://www.vimeo.com/9990670

Damage Toll:
upper and lower a arms, tie rod, the fox float upper mounting ear is bent (can that be replaced or am I out a shock), Bulkhead looks OK, I think both A arms broke at just about every weld along with getting twisted around.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Ouch, just one of those things you can't help I guess. Atleast you werent hurt. Done that myself with my ZR and covered drain in the snow. It sure jolts you pretty good. How do you like the new sled minus the torn A-Arms?

· Registered
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2010 M8 is the most amazing sled I have ever ridden bone stock out of the box. This thing absolutely rips!

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Good to hear you like the m8, they are sweet sleds. Im pretty sure you can get the parts to replace the damaged part of a shock, for the a arm and such assembly you should be able to find a salvage yard that could get you a replacement.

· Registered
133 Posts
Wow, glad you weren't hurt. Kinda just snuck up on you didn't it. I wish I was riding in that much snow. I hate to say it but man your spoiled.
Cheers,
Ryan

· Registered
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PRO-X2C said:
Wow, glad you weren't hurt. Kinda just snuck up on you didn't it. I wish I was riding in that much snow. I hate to say it but man your spoiled.
Cheers,
Ryan
Snow sucks this year...that's why that rock was so close to the top...Should have 2 more feet or so to be up to average...

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
I didn't know you had it on helmet camera! That looked alot like what I saw last week when I went over the bars. At least you landed in powder instead of railroad tracks haha.

I know years ago you had no tekvest, I hope you have one now. $hit happens fast.

· Registered
322 Posts
man thats rough! where were you riding at?

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
Ouch,rocks can ruin a persons day thats for sure. Glad your liking the new sled,most seem to be having good luck with them.

· Registered
2,957 Posts
Enjoyed the whole video. Sucks that your sled is messed up. Better luck next year though, right? ( unless you have enough snow to ride after you fix it ).

Were you wearing a tekvest?

And to those who say "I only ride off trail, I can't get hurt". Imagine if his steering post snapped, and push the side of the bars right into his chest. Painful death.

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Ohh man, my guts twisted when I seen you posted this topic. That's sucks bigtime, hope you get er' fixed ASAP and get some more good riding in. Looks like you were having a blast untill that happened.

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Cool vid till the last few seconds...

Nice having a record of fukkups like that. [thumb]

· Registered
9,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Empire087 said:
I just watched the video, i feel so bad. A brand new sled and that happened, hopefully it isnt to spendy. just wondering did insurance cover it?
Haven't called insurance yet. Going to confirm the bulkhead is OK and see if the Fox Float is salvagable. If either is beyond repair I will be calling insurance, otherwise it is not worth it.

sledcrusher said:
Enjoyed the whole video. Sucks that your sled is messed up. Better luck next year though, right? ( unless you have enough snow to ride after you fix it ).

Were you wearing a tekvest?

And to those who say "I only ride off trail, I can't get hurt". Imagine if his steering post snapped, and push the side of the bars right into his chest. Painful death.
There will be enough snow after I get it fixed. I was not wearing a Tek Vest, the reason I didn't hit the bars or anything was I was initiating a left hand turn and leaning that way so it ejected me that direction.

Student Driver said:
ugh.
That sucks ACG.
Glad you are OK though. [thumb]

Oh ya, Your screen name is true again..... lol
I am officially ACG again...Poo just didn't cut it.

jake.parker said:
i notice you popped your skis then turn sharp and the broadside of the skis got hooked to the rock and made your ski point backwards

good thing you are ok
That is what we figured happened, ski somehow got wedged under/behind that rock and ripped everything around.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.