Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so were riding along at about 20-30
mph then out of nowhere***ROCK*** So now I'm in the process of replacing the two knuckles on the inside of the upper and lower control arms and the bolt at the back of the trailing arm. Yaa hoo never ride in 1 inch or less of snow.
So day 1 I roll the sled, with the help of my passenger and day 2 is the preceding story. I hope the season gets better.

I don't care where we go, let's just ride....

·
Registered
948 Posts
It's ok dude, that's how you know you're alive! I've rolled my MM700 about 8 times now. Still haven't put one new scratch in it in the process. I love these 'no worries' sleds! No matter how many times it goes over, she always starts first pull too. Last time I when through some trees after I failed to negotiate the highmark and when i crashed through the branches, it pulled my park-brake on for me. LOL that was too funny cause it caused me to palm the kill switch. Every one watching too as I went in to the trees and then.... nothing. I was laughing so hard by the time I broke enough branches away to release the brake and pull the kill switch back out the tears were frozen to my face!
Anyway... fired up first pull and out I popped!

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
We were riding the roads in Eagle Bay New York when the guy ahead of me spotted what looked like a dirty snowball. He dodge for it. You could tell he deliberately was trying to hit the thing with his ski. THis is on his brand new 2002 XC 700 first trip out. He hits the "snow" see that ski jump in the air and the "snowball"(aka a nice big rock) going rolling off. Got to watch for those things.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I like not having large rocks around here. I bonus for me i guess.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes...

Edited by - bigwilly on January 05 2002 1:56:21 PM

·
Registered
246 Posts
Last year I was 200 yards from the finish line in Nome and stopped to let my cousin’s wife lead us in, well she didn’t want to do it, I was on the wrong side of the road and when I took off I dislodged a 3000 lbs bolder out of the seawall. Messed the sled up a lot but I still drove it across the finish line.

Snowmachining is not a thing to do - its a way of life

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes I've seen some pretty bad stuff happen to sleds with rocks, one was on the first ride of the season, my dad and I were riding along, and see a brand new, shiny red 800 rmk, without a trailing arm and ski, stoppped and asked if he needed help and what happened, of course, rocks again, That same day we had two sleds run out of gas, walked 5 miles in freezing cold pitch darkness until being rescued, many more details, that was the worst experience I've ever had snowmobiling, We never forget to carry extra gas from now on :), oh yea, rocks, umm they suck.......... lol...

Ride Hard

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
rocks are getting the best of everyone. They are crippling us. Someone should come up with some silly rock detector device that lets a little warning out on the display before impact......that would rock! ......LOL

Probably unfeasible though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts