Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in christmas eve it was the first day i took my sled out, first time ever riding it. My friends and I were riding around for a good hour and a half or so around the lake just going in circles, and going around a corner I accidently gave my sled a bit too much gas ( silly me ) and the back end came out in front of me, and then next thing i know theres something heavy as hell on top of me and i couldnt lift it! about 10 seconds later my friends were pulling me up asking if i was alright and i was like what happened? everyone started blah blahing at once about how the sled landed right on top of me lol [B)]
luckily there was no damage to me or my sled, but i would like to thank the person who invented the helmet because without it i think i would have died lol. Only thing i got was a headache for 4 hours and a scratch on my leg :D

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Not bad. WHat kind of sled is it?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
glad to hear your still okay. last year i rolled my sled for the first time . outa the deal i got a dislocated shoudler and a broken windsheild.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]glad to hear your still okay. last year i rolled my sled for the first time . outa the deal i got a dislocated shoudler and a broken windsheild.
Could have been worse...you could have broken your shoulder and dislocated your windshield[:D] j/k

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I rolled mine a couple years ago. Broken wrist and torn rotator cuff on me. New hood, new windshield, new steering post, new rear bumper and rack, straightened radius rods, straightened tunnel and it was good to go again.

·
Registered
344 Posts
ive rolled more sleds than i can remember, most recent was last new years eve, about 60 on my dads sled sideways, next thing i know im sliding on the ice being chased by an upside down yamaha, o and this was in front of a highway that was backed up, my dad and a few of my friends, no injuries just busted parts.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Glad to hear your ok! What kind of sled was it? Was this your first time riding?
One time my buddy came up north with us to Big Bay for his first time riding. The very first thing he did after many warnings was take off full throttle on the lake,with about 10 inches of hard pack with 3inches powder, Cut the skies all the way thinking he was in an Indy car! Well guess what happend the ski dug threw him about 30 ft. the sled rolled about 10 times!! He was ok but the sled suffered soe injurys cracked hood, broken windshield, bent bars and steering coloum, torn seat,broken mirrors, and a small bend in the tunnel oh yeah the headlights went super dull, But the sled was still rideable, And we finished our trip with no one gettin hurt but he did crash one more time! That was a funny one though and the sled was already messed up so no harm done. By the way it as a borrowed sled!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the sled is a 93 indy 440 that already had a dislocated windshield :p it bends down when you go faster than 45 and is held together by twisty ties. lol!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Originally posted by Spike440
[br]the sled is a 93 indy 440 that already had a dislocated windshield :p it bends down when you go faster than 45 and is held together by twisty ties. lol!
haha thats funny
but def be glad you came away just with that. seems like when anyone rolls there sled there seems to be more damages. well now u know where to set your limits with the throttle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts