Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently swapped a complete 583 rave including carbs,and complete exhaust into a mxz 470. The throttle on my skidoo(94 formula) is one of those 2 stage throttles. I'm finding the first part of the throttle the skidoo doesn't feel peppy at all. But as soon as you open the throttle pass the half way mark into the second stage it revs right out and takes off. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with these engines and throttles and how their skidoos feel on the throttle, is mine normal?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
sounds completely normal to my mxz 670 u dont feel any prep until the half way mark the first mark i always found that its mostly to get ur sled warmed up by holding it at that part

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I have a 99 formula z 583. Its normal! You have to get the rotory valves open thats when it starts to make power!

·
Registered
284 Posts
MY 98 Formula z is the same way... but when you get in that power band.... Whew really quick sleds!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
my 97 MXZ has the two-stage throttle. I love it, the first stage gets you to about 1/4 - 1/3 throttle, which is where you generally are when cruising the trails. It pulls alot easier on the first stage so your thumb doesnt get tired. At the top of the first stage I get about 60-65 mph, so its perfect for the trail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts