Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a new machine up here in Toronto. One I looked at was a 97 Yamaha with a Rotax engine. Guy wanted 2000 for it with high mileage. Is there anything special about this engine? Any thoughts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he said it was a 400 something and it's fan cooled. Starts real easy and it sounds great. He wants 2000 for it canadian. Electric start with reverse and hand warmers. Looks brand new. Thanks

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
that is way to high. look around and for 2000 canadian I think you could find a better liquid sled.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip. Is a liquid sled better then air cooled? I'm only using it for ice fishing and I tow around a canvas and plastic portable hut that is very light. I need something reliable that won't leave me stranded in the middle of no where. Are studs necessary on ice? Can you get by with a stock track? Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you're only using it for ice fishing you really don't have to worry about studs vs. no studs or fan vs. liquid. But this guy is asking way too much for that sled. You could probably pick up something for less than a grand that would do that for you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm gonna try and find a beat up sled for under a grand. Don't really care what it looks like as long as I don't get stranded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts