Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, when I start my truck after she's been sitting for a while, it takes a few seconds for her to start and the motor shakes badly for a few seconds then everything calms down to normal. It's a 1995 Dodge Dakota SLT RWD 3.9L V-6. I just replaced the spark plug wire(yes they are connected the right way)Thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
bad fuel water in fuel

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Plugged injector..?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Maybe time to give her the Seafoam treatment.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The fuel injector clean wont clean out a "plugged" injector, your going to have to go to the dealer for that. Trust me, thats what Mr. Goodwrench at the local chevy dealer told me when I brought him my old chevy from a mud run that I didnt make it through..."could have used all the injector cleaner you wanted and still not get it good enough" Just my 2cents

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
KRSS144 said:
The fuel injector clean wont clean out a "plugged" injector, your going to have to go to the dealer for that. Trust me, thats what Mr. Goodwrench at the local chevy dealer told me when I brought him my old chevy from a mud run that I didnt make it through..."could have used all the injector cleaner you wanted and still not get it good enough" Just my 2cents
If it only shakes for a few seconds then its not plugged, just might be a little cruddy in there. Also might somehow be getting air into the fuel system somehow. Maybe combination of an injector tip that doesnt quite seal properly and a faulty check valve in the fuel pump. Just takes a few seconds for the air to purge out, causing a rough idle.

Just start with the simple stuff, like a bottle of cleaner and look for vacuum leaks with a can of flammable carb cleaner.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
True, cause when mine was plugged it would idle ruff and I would have the peddle almost to the floor just to get 70 out of her. Oh one of lifes lessons

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
stale gas perhaps ? When i parked one of my car last year I would run it once every other week or so until it was finally sold. just a thought to share...

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
You should actually run injector cleaner 2 or more times a year, depending on how much you drive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts