Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at what rpm should my clutch start to engage? i have a 99 Mach z 800 triple
it only has 1130 or so miles on it since it was on kph hole and reading 1825 and not the mph hole so i know the spring are good and everything should still be in-line
the sled starts to pull a 4000 rpm which i think is a little high. and if it is how do i get it to start pulling sooner? thanks in advance

oh ya tra clickers are on #6

[red]moved to performance tuning shop for better exposure[/red]

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I was looking at a manual for those sleds tonight and engagement is 3900rpm +/- 200. Higher rpms it engages the more suited it is for holeshots. My sled also engages at 4000. Seen some engage as high as 5500.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Side note: are your adjusters on 6 in order to get max rev correct (I think 8000 rpm?) If you're not at the correct max rev, you're losing hp. Unless your riding in higher elevation, of course.

·
Registered
855 Posts
my 700xc engages at 4000 +/-

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
actually thats a good engagement rpm,would'nt worry about it

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Originally posted by skidogger
[br]Side note: are your adjusters on 6 in order to get max rev correct (I think 8000 rpm?) If you're not at the correct max rev, you're losing hp. Unless your riding in higher elevation, of course.
Yes Yes Yes
So many people think if the engine revs more, the faster it will go! NO NO NO.
A rotax loses alot of HP when over reving, Even a little over.
Look at the HP curves on your engine you will see
So being on clicker 6 tells me it is way to high and this is why your engagement is high.
Check your manual specs, it will tell you max RPM, set the TRA to achieve your max RPM, when you get your max RPM but is engaging still to high for your liking (see below)
If you have stock clutching then go by the manual, if not get a race manual and start learning about the TRA, you can change ramps, wieghts, rollers, springs, pins

1 - 8 of 8 Posts