Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These sleds any good?... Any bad points ... good points... I stopped by the dealer today and he has one of each leftover in the 2005 model... I have a 05 xcsp 700 now... will I lose a lot of gitty up and go or about the same?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I havent ridden one but a friend has a 05 Vector. He loved it so much he sold his Rev 600sdi this year and bought another 4 stroke. He consistently beats other 600cc sleds in 660ft drags. He also said the top speed is a little higher than his rev. He hasnt had a problem with it yet. Only complaint is there isnt enough storage for even a spare pair of gloves.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Pure stock. He hasnt done a thing to it. Just gas and go. This summer he extended it out to a 136 track.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The only difference between the Vector and the Rage is the track. 121 vs 136.

The Rage will be a little bit slower on top end but it rides better on the trails.

I have a 06 Rage with over 4300 miles on it and I love it. Some issues with the suspension ( monoshock ) but nothing major.

I get 17 to 20 MPG no matter how I drive.

No oil to add or two stroke smell anymore.

I am sold on the 4 strokes now.

Alot of people say that they are too heavy but the only time I notice it is when I,m ditchbanging. They are NOT a ditchbanger sled but they weren,t made for that.

Great sled for the trails. Track hooks up great.

I have had no problems playing in the powder with it. The front end stays up and I have plenty of traction.

The 05 models have the pro action susp. in them. Not the greatest out there but it works fine once you set it up for your style or rideing.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
'05 Rage has the ProAction, the '05 Vector has the ProActive. 2 different skids, 2 different length tracks. Love my Vector.
[attachment=51813]

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have 4800 miles on my 05 er. I ride this sled really hard, like a snocross sled really. I rode 2700 miles the first year and only put in new limiter straps. Had a tors issure which was under warrenty. I blew a belt at 110 on the dream-o-meter and the belt chunks wrapped up in my secondary and i had to get towed home. The second year i broke an H arm and blew out the rear shock from one hell of a bad landing. Blew 4 belts in 1900 miles and then sent it to the dealer for a clutch alignment. Got it back and rode 150 miles and threw a stud through the cooler. I havent really gotte nto test it yet to see if my belt problem is fixed. I am very pleased wit hthis sled and when i whoop on it i get no worse than 17 MPG. Best ive ever gotten was 20 MPG. I love this sled! When running the track super tight to prevent ratcheting i could get 104 on dream meter. Now wit hnew drivers i can run it loose and should be able to see over 110 on the meter. When the sled was brand new i dragged a pro-x2 600 that was clutched wit h144 picks and we were dead even all the way. Now that it is broken in i think i could take him. It will not be as fast as your 700. If you dont wanna lose power than i would suggest an apex. I cant wait for snow as i am anxoius to try my new setup this year!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by vtfreestyler
[br]i dragged a pro-x2 600 that was clutched wit h144 picks and we were dead even all the way. Now that it is broken in i think i could take him.
I take my friend's Pro x 600 all the time from a dead stop or rolling. He frequently asks to switch sleds with me for awhile after a long day on rough trails.

If you've never ridded a 4 stroke before you should do so before biting the bullet. They are quite different and it may not be what you want. Personally I'll never go back.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The Genesis 120 engine that the Vector and Rage use is amazing. Up to about 80 mph it makes just as much power as an RX-1 or Apex (after that it cant keep up with the added flow of 4 cylinders and 5 valves that the RX-1/Apex has though), but they will pull 20 mpg on a regular basis.
Also, it has a very light feel to it. Granted, its not as light as an F6 (not even close, actually), but its got a light feel.
Whether to get the Vector or Rage is really a personal decision. The Rage has a smoother ride due to the longer skid, but the Vector is going to be more nimble on tight, twisty trails. You cant really go wrong either way.
I demo rode an '05 Vector 2 years ago and I loved it. I ride an '01 600 XC and the Vector felt way more powerfull than my XC. I took my XC for a ride after I got back home from riding the Vector and the Vector made my XC feel like an antique.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My friend has an 06 Rage. I was skeptical at first, but after three trips with him last year (1500 miles) it is a damn nice sled. The four stroke is really smooth, and the mileage, no oil, smooth ride, control...it is a great touring/trail comfort sled. My F7 beats it (I think the Rage is about 1000cc), but the thing still moves. I think it is 550 lbs or something, it isn't as heavy as I thought it would be, and I'll say again, the smoothness of the 4 stroke was pretty appealing. (He can just crawl up the trailer at like .25 mph, very consistent low end power.) He loves the way it handles, but he is more of a touring type of rider. It's like a cadillac.

We saddlebag it all over the U.P. and he is always bitching about me having to stop for gas when he has 2/3 of a tank left. LOL I'll tell you, I'm a two-stroke lover but that sled has opened my eyes to the possibility of a four stroke in the future. They will just keep improving them too, I like the Jaguar Z1 AC put out this year, it will be interesting to see how they keep developing the 4 strokes.

My friend is VERY happy with the Rage. We did a lot of off trail riding, forest roads mainly, but a lot of 3 to 4 ft powder and he had no probs getting stuck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts