Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It runs on 2 cylinders but has a shock and If I run it for like 20mins the plug gets soaked but it wont fire. Also I can feel the clutch engage but it wont pull forward. If I put it on the lift the track will spin. I hate old triples! Is my injector bad? Also it sits a little low to the ground so would that cause the track to not move unless it was lifted and the track was spread out from the body?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The track is not spinning on the ground because the engine isn't putting out enough power to make it go.

Look for a blinking light in the ECU right next to the big plug. If it's blinking, it's a code, long blinks then short blinks. Post the code here.

If there's no blinks, then replace that spark plug and fire it up.

If the problem stays, swap that plug wire with another plug wire. If the problem moves to another cylinder, then the problem is the coil or the coil wire.

If the problem stays with that cylinder we'll go from there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aguywithaproblem said:
It runs on 2 cylinders but has a shock and If I run it for like 20mins the plug gets soaked but it wont fire. Also I can feel the clutch engage but it wont pull forward. If I put it on the lift the track will spin. I hate old triples! Is my injector bad? Also it sits a little low to the ground so would that cause the track to not move unless it was lifted and the track was spread out from the body?
Its blinking 21 which is the flywheel side injector, but the plugs get wet and it sparks
420cc should be enough to move the track right? 2/3 cylinders

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm really not familiar with EFI all that much, but a really good possibility is water in the gas. And you said its only running on two of the three cylinders? I wouldn't try putting it up on the stand and running the piss out of it, any sled would run the risk of blowing up if its running lean, especially if its a triple.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lichty395 said:
I'm really not familiar with EFI all that much, but a really good possibility is water in the gas. And you said its only running on two of the three cylinders? I wouldn't try putting it up on the stand and running the piss out of it, any sled would run the risk of blowing up if its running lean, especially if its a triple.
Brand new gas but the sled was sitting for 2 years, I also got injector cleaner in the gas and I've ran about 1hour of gas out so far. If its on the stand it will spin at like 80mph.the sled also sits a little low so I thought it was sitting on the body and it wouldnt move unless the suspension was spread out. I also checked the compression and its about 105 on all cylinders which is little low I think.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
You forget...

When you have a cylinder not firing, not only does it not provide power, it also drags down the rest of the engine.

Swap that injector wire with the middle injector and see if the code changes. If the code changes, replace the injector. If the code does not change check the wiring and dropping resistor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
You forget...

When you have a cylinder not firing, not only does it not provide power, it also drags down the rest of the engine.

Swap that injector wire with the middle injector and see if the code changes. If the code changes, replace the injector. If the code does not change check the wiring and dropping resistor.
wheres the injector wire is it on top of the injector, because i made sure that it is tight and now the throttle position sensor code is showing up on the ECU.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I'd go through the entire electrical system in the sled.

Start with all the ground wires that mount to the block by the recoil, then unplug all the connectors in the system, clean them, fill them with di-lectric grease (anti corrosive) and try it then.. Should take you about a half hour.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
^sold one problem and got another lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts