Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Ok... cool... ... ... ... did you have a question...?

·
Registered
827 Posts
A little more info would be nice. Do you have spark, fuel, compression? It's definitely not the stator, that much is for sure. A bad stator would do the same thing on all cylinders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have compersion but no spark on the left side (if you were sitting on the sled)when idleing.but i do have spark when running a high rpm.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
How do u know u have no spark at idle but do at high RPMs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it runs great at high speed.you can feel and hear when it kicks in. i have sprayed fuel directly into the cylinder and can not get it to fire at a low rpm.trying to give as much info as possible but i am new at this.so thanks for all the help and questions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replace your coil if its only getting spark in one plug, new wires too would help. Try a new plug first just to be sure you didn't get a bad plug. Happy riding!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Have you checked for spark or just guessing that it has no spark?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
First thing is to check compression in that cylinder. Switch the plug wires from one side to the other, just cross the left over the righr and right over to the left and see if the problem follows the wire. If not then switch the carbs from one side to the other and see if the dead cylinder follows, and while you have the carbs off check the reeds and make sure theyre not messed up.

Then let us know what you find.
Good luck

·
Registered
384 Posts
First thing is to check compression in that cylinder. Switch the plug wires from one side to the other, just cross the left over the righr and right over to the left and see if the problem follows the wire. If not then switch the carbs from one side to the other and see if the dead cylinder follows, and while you have the carbs off check the reeds and make sure theyre not messed up.

Then let us know what you find.
Good luck
Ditto

1 - 14 of 14 Posts