Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im trying to figure out what might be wrong with this sled i want to buy if but id like to maybe see what some one thinks is wrong with the sled it will run for 30 mins then dies and wont run for a bit

does it need a top end or coils replace

thanks to those who put in some ideas or maybe have had this problem or know of it and help me thanks guys/girls

·
Registered
135 Posts
When it dies you need to pull the plugs to see if is has spark. It is pretty much either sprak, compression or carb.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
sounds to me like its just running way to rich or lean, check plugs and see what they look like if they are light to lean if they are dark to rich or if they are just right then spark.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think the problem is the stator. I've had similar symptoms before and that's what it turned out to be. It would suddenly die, then after a few minutes it would start and run great for a while and then die again. Eventually it died and would not start again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If it stutters and then dies, then it sounds like your running out of fuel. If it dies like you hit the kill switch, then its obviously electrical. Kill switch, stator, shorting out plug wire (ohm test them). If the sled is cheap enough, then get it, they are fast fun little 440s

·
Registered
10 Posts
wildcat-700 said:
hi im trying to figure out what might be wrong with this sled i want to buy if but id like to maybe see what some one thinks is wrong with the sled it will run for 30 mins then dies and wont run for a bit

does it need a top end or coils replace

thanks to those who put in some ideas or maybe have had this problem or know of it and help me thanks guys/girls

STATOR . 97's were known for bad stators

1 - 6 of 6 Posts