Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Pictures look like a russian version of Ski-Doos. Utitility sleds look like Ski Doo ones and so does that little pic of the yellow sled.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I agree, they look like some sort of skidoos. Unfortunately I can't read Russian.

But anyways welcome to the forum Burankin. Where abouts in Russa area you? How's the riding over there?

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Welcome to the forum yeah lets us know how the riding is there. i went and did some research and here is what i found out about the Buran Sled

Rybinsk Motors JSC is the ancestor of snowmobile production in Russia. In December 1971, the first prototype of the Buran snowmobile was assembled. Within 25 years more than 200,000 differentmodifications of the Buran, Buran-M, Buran-3700, Arktica, Bars, Ikar, Ikar-MD snowmobiles have been produced.Please be informed about modified versions of well-known snowmobiles of the Buran family as well as the new Taiga.

Heres more infor on the rest
The TAIGA snowmobile is a utility class machine and the leading product of the new snowmobile generation family produced at Rybinsk Motors JSC. It has been launched into mass production since spring 1999. Two more versions - TAIGA-SPORT and a lightweight touring model are currently under development.

Taiga snowmobile specifications
Up-seating 2
Turning radius, min, m 6
Grade, deg, max 20
Engine power rating, hp (kW), max 43 (31.6)
Fuel consumption for 100 km travel, l 18.5
Dry Weight, kg 260
Load-carrying capacity, kg 200
Fuel capacity, l 40
Permissible total weight of towed trailer, kg 220
Overall dimensions, mm:
length
width
height

The most attractive features of the TAIGA ST-500D snowmobile are:

stability and maneuverability provided with two steering skies and one track;
reverse and two forward drives for light and heavy operation conditions;
ability to pick up speed to 100 km/h
decreased level of noise up to 66 dBA
trailer hitch to tow different trailers to transport logs, packaged building materials and other lengthy things.
up-to-date design and ergonomics
Snowmobile competitiveness is determined for the most by advanced technical and technological developmentsthat result in comfort and reliable operation.The new snowmobile features the following improvements:

497cc twin-cylinder gasoline engine rated at up to 43 hp with induced air cooled Mikuni carburetor. Additionally on the customer's request the snowmobile can be equipped with:
electric starter;
separate lubricating system to increase reliability and decrease oil consumption and emissions;
different fuel system which allows to increase power up to 53 hp;
more powerful engine equipped with the new input-output system.
increased stability and maneuverability even in hard and fast cornering provided with a 960 mm wide ski stance;
front telescopic strut suspension and slide track suspension increase rider comfort and shock-absorbing;
transmission is enhanced by a German-made V-belt that ensures its high strength characteristics;
high safety is provided by a self-regulating brake equipped with metal ceramics brake blocks and unbreakable windshield;
hand warmers to ride in comfort;
comfortable seat design keeps the rider and the passenger in control while going through the roughest terrain;
state-of-the-art design, new colors and graphics

hope this helps out

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
134 Posts
they do look like ski-doo's would be nice if they had the site in english too...have two different formats...but hey whats u goona do seeming that us americans are now putting are websites in spanish and english and german its nuts

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
85 Posts
I translated the Russian for you guys it looks like the site is for spare snowmobile parts, this is what the page reads:

The largest real assortment of spare parts to the aerosleighs in You runete.Visit our internet- store of spare parts to the aerosleighs.The prices, which include delivery/procurement on Moscow, will not disappoint the most demanding buyer.

Now at your disposal:Wide selection of spare parts to the aerosleighs "snow-storm", "taiga", "lynx".Services on the repair of aerosleighs "snow-storm", "taiga", "lynx".Services on the repair of boat motors.Detailed information about the aerosleighs "snow-storm", "taiga", "lynx" and about everything, that connected/bonded, from what they are made with them, as they work, where (do not give god) to overhaul them.the Internet- store, in which you can purchase spare parts to the aerosleighs "snow-storm", "taiga", "lynx" with the free delivery/procurement in the limits of Moscow.Instructions, diagram, drawings.they will help you to learn your aerosleigh nearer.Councils and recommendation regarding the acquisition of aerosleighs and spare parts to the aerosleighs.Instructions, councils and recommendation regarding the repair and the service servicing of aerosleighs.But also, where it is possible to profitably acquire the spare parts to the aerosleighs, which complete and everything which is connected/bonded with the aerosleighs.

He who loves not his country can love nothing

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Impressive. Are you originally from Russia, or did you take it in school? I've always wanted to learn a foreign language myself.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts