Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I have a 2003 RX-1 and it will not go much faster than 170 km/hour. It seems to run great and I cannot find any issues with it. I was wondering what could be the possible reasons why it will not go as fast as it is supposed to? I was thinking maybe the clutch? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
there are lots of things that could mess up with speed, you got clutch's (weights, bushings, springs(weekness),) also the gearing if it is geared wrong, also studs could have a huge impact depending on the patern and amount

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
What kind of snow and weather conditions? They can greatly effect speed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
170 km/h is 106 mph so they said like a 120 mph so that means you want to get to 193 km/h and there is alot of things that can make it a little off like polaris-world said and if are not snowmobile fixer then a shop should be able to see whats wrong

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's about Normal for a Stock Clutched 03. I'm Stock and on a Hardpack Lake No Studs I get around 110 on the Dreamometer. I'm set up for Trail Racing so I don't need the top end. I put my $$ into Suspension. If your looking for Top Speed you'll need to Clutch it. Check your RPM's for top Speed you should be turning 10200-10400 I've heard. Ulmer has a very good Clutch Kit for them. There's all kinds of things to Help it Breath and perform better. Just depends on the $$$ you want to spend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the great advice! The RPMs are 10200.

On hard pack snow with 10 cm of powder on top. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts