Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 rx-1 is melting my boots,mostly on the right side. Has this been happening to others? Naturaly the dealer has heard of no problems.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I assume you mean from the hot coolant running under the footrails......huh, I haven't heard anything about this from anyone....were you riding in low snow or crappy conditions????

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey Gold, Ya where my boot touch the boards. I saw someone talking about this on another board but could not register there. I think the sled must be running hot, but only shut it self down once.I ruin a brand new pair of boots in one year, wondering if there is a fix?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Thermostate? Water Pump? Low coolant? Air in coolant? Maybe one of these, not that familar with coolant system or 4 strokes for that matter. But these would be first looks on a vehicle if it were me...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If that engine is running so hot that it shut itself down once you have bigger problems than a pair of boots. You should have the dealer go over it with a fine tooth comb before you ruin that beautiful and expensive engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys! as a matter of fact, I did have to add coolant a few times. I had asked dealer about it, and they claim it is just evaporation, all is well, completely normal. I am gona get it out of the barn next week, and off to the dealer we go! The manual says if you are just siting there ideling for quite awhile, the computor may shut it off. I'll let you know what they say! I just got the exhust tips and bumper polished and chomed, put them on today, looks great and now you can clean them too! The exhust crap would blow all over them and ya could not get it off! See Ya, Honk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts