Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I wouldn't do it. There's no reason for it on a snowmobile. I don't think NOS is a good idea on a machine that uses a CVT with rubber belt. It would be very difficult to clutch this machine if it has 2 different HP ratings...one being with NOS activated. Turbo charging makes alot more sense to me, but that's just M.O.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think a CVT would handle the power because the track would slip before the belt. NOS is hard on engines though so I don't think it would be a very common mod.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
nitrous on snowmobiles is usually used once the CVT has attained maximum shift. When you are topped out and its not gonna shift anymore is when nitrous is used on a sled. No offense but it would be prefered if you said Nitrous instead of keeping it to a single brand name. Sorry its just one of those things that sets me off when I hear people saying "NOS" instead of nitrous.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, Sled Dog I didn't mean to set you off. What do you guys mean by CVT? We are switching from chain and c/s gears to a blower belt and aluminum gears to get rid of weight. Nitrous(210)give you awhole lot HP than turbo charging(180) for alot less money. Yamaha used to much c/s on this sled.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
c/s? No I am sorry its just one of those little pet peeves I have. Anyway they have turbos that put out 230 HP and Superchargers doing the same. And by CVT we mean the clutches. Continuous Variable Transmission.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
carbon steel or cast steel chain gears. But what is the cost of the turbo charging to nitrous?

·
Registered
837 Posts
how long does a nitrous tank last? i personally would want to have to fill gas oil and nitrous. and i see what you are saying about only have the nitrous on when you are maxed on speed then hit it to gain some power like they do on the movie gone in 60sec. he only hits it when he need it and its not on all the time when you go full throttle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts