Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad told me that Smith Marine and Big Moose Yamaha took the RX-1 out to Tug Hill New York for a day of Mogul mashing(tug hill is usually real rough). At the end of the day it is said the tunnel on the RX-1 was actually bent. The same RX-1 then took a trip down here to my area of eastern pennsylvania. It then went to the dealership where my dad bought his Viper. It was there the same day my dad picked up his Viper. He asked them if the tunnel was bent and they wouldn't comment. He had seen it before then at Big Moose Yamaha as well. They say there are only 6 of them in the US at this moment.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
That sucks.

Hopefully they can iron out any problems with that machine. I may not like 4-strokes, but it certainly has potential.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
That is the one thing that kept me away from yamaha when I bought my sled, the rear suspension. It seemed that it would bottom out more than the others. That is probably what lead to the bent tunnel

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Well after all, it is an entirely new chassis. There's bound to be a few wrinkles (no pun intended
) to be ironed out.

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Vincent ran some laps at the New York snocross on a RX-1. It was just an exhibition, but it would be neat to see that heavy of a sled fly like that. Here is a link to the picture.
http://www.gilmourcreative.com/wsa/newyork2002/
Scroll to the end of the pictures on the bottom window. It is after the wedding photos?!!

Edited by - skippy on 25 Feb 2002 20:53:45

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Somehow I kinda doubt that they would have a bent tunnel problem, although anything is possible. It would be a huge oversite on yami's part to have such a major design flaw.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't get where the tunnel would bend. I mean maybe it slid a little and just hit something and bent the tunnel. That would be easy to do. I mean the tunnel has extra reinforcement because the exhaust runs through it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts