Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.. I have a 99 SX 500 Vmax and I want an upgrade in rear suspension.. and I want it Cheap, Nice, And NOW. I was looking on ebay and I found a deal on A rear skid from an RX1... heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-rx1-snowmobile-suspension-complete-with-shocks_W0QQitemZ170061646365QQihZ007QQcategoryZ100462QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Will it work?! It looks Identical to My rear skid and stuff but idk.

-thanks

[galleryattach=13179]

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm pretty sure they call that the pro action too. It appears to be the same skid as in my SRX and sx, so the difference between the 2 should be more travel as the shocks look longer. He says it will fit the vmaxs and all the chassis are the same, so I'm sure it would fit pretty easily.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Sure it will work, but its kind of a waste of time. Its pretty much the same suspension you already have.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Do what you want, but IMO its a waste of time and money. Unless you go to an M-10 or a newer Cat, Doo or Polaris skid you arent going to improve the ride much if any.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The RX is a lot heavier than your sled is, so the suspension will be too stiff. I seem to recall suggesting getting a set of long travel shocks, limiter straps and extending your control rods. Why are you so hung up on replacing the entire skid? Find a set of aluminum body shocks from an XTC.

·
Registered
849 Posts
It will work, the '03 RX1 P/A skids where the same till '05, just
different valved shocks,with 11.5" of travel, you would need to
find some XTC or '00 or newer SX long travel front shocks so
the front won't be sitting lower.

i do see that Someone changed out the good KYB gas re-buildable main
shock for the cheaper one..

you could get that skid to ride soft easy..

not a bad price too on it right now..

·
Registered
528 Posts
I believe the top mounts are different on the front shocks, so they aren't a direct bolt on.

This is my last post on this subject.................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts