Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what would win in a race between a RX1 and a Thundercat.What about their top speeds.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
not much contest, tcat would smoke it. they both are close to 125 on speedos, but the cat gets there a lot quicker.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
rx1 has 137HP on a dyno, stock.
t-cats have somewhere between 140-something to 160-something stock, depending on the year i think.

-Dean

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
T-cat will win.

The HP on some of the newest T-cats is around 172.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Thundercat 900/1000 definitely.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, most people who have the money to afford a T-Cat put mods on it anyway, and produce anywhere from 165 stock HP, to an astounding 210 HP with top speeds on the t-cat reaching 128.4 MPH on the radar gun. the RX-1 clocked in at 126 MPH but took over 1300 more ft to do so. Also, the T-cat does 0-60 in 2.2 sec as apposed to 3.9 on the RX-1.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
the guy next door's tcat is "slighly" moded, (1320 big bore) it only goes 157 on the radar hahahaha.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
oh! the tcat would win hands down. just think 2 stroke, four stroke. 2 stroke not as efficeant but fires twice as many times

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
oh! the tcat would win hands down. just think 2 stroke, four stroke. 2 stroke not as efficeant but fires twice as many times

·
Registered
506 Posts
157 on radar?

that's bordering on unbelievable, but I'll let it slide

ya, I dunno, if ya run it let us know which wins.

I'm gonna have to say that in a limited stretch, the Tcat will wax it, but if you had like, a 100mi long lake the RX-1 MIGHT have a chance? but that's the only time. and that might be pushing it. I know that there's no way in hell the 4-stroke will touch it on bottom, on top... I doubt it, but it's possible

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Top end is purely a matter of horsepower vs drag. Nothing more, nothing less. A tcat will win every time, unless it has a very wasteful clutching setup.

-Dean

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Originally posted by madd_dog
[br]oh! the tcat would win hands down. just think 2 stroke, four stroke. 2 stroke not as efficeant but fires twice as many times
Actually the RX1 runs 10,000 rpm so the Rx1 fires more then most 2-strokes..

·
Registered
506 Posts
just divide the cylinders by 2 if you wanna see how many powerstrokes/revolution

the RX-1 spinning at 10,000 rpm is the same as an EXTREMELY efficient 500 twin spinning at 10,000rpm

now you guys have a little respect that they can make 145 hp out of it from the factory?

·
Registered
506 Posts
here's the trick, make the race longer than 100mi, then the RX-1 will win, 'cause the Tcat will run out of gas : )

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah i was going to say, 10,000 rpm's on a four stroke is still no where near how many times a 2 stroke is firing at 8000 rpm's. Not even close.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.