Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/Polaris-Indy-650-RXL-Carburator-Retrofit-Kit_W0QQitemZ200074676635QQihZ010QQcategoryZ26354QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is one line in here that is outstanding...

Why switch to carbs? The carbs make more horsepower, can do away with the battery, sled will be 17 to 19 lbs lighter depending on model year, EFI was costly to repair if needed and dealers typically don't have trained personnel on staff who can fix it.
Carbs make more power, what the hell is this guy smokin. He makes it sound like evrything is as it would be on a Indy 650 (Carbed), so I assume he is using 38mm carbs. Now there is a reason why they used 44mm throttle bodies and that's because of the porting changes they did to create more air flow within the motor. Also the kit includes a non-EFI oil pump, what the hell is he talking about, my brother just took my oil pump from my spare RXL motor used it on his indy 650, there is no difference.

Oh, and another quote...

I will consider installing this kit for an additional cost and reveiw it on a case by case basis.
Knowing what I just read I wouldn't let this guy within 100 miles of my sled.

Also he makes the comment that EFI is not user friendly, and carbs can be tuned. Trust me when I say I can tune my EFI as well as he can tune his carbed sled. He's just another non-educated sledder who didn't take the time to read his owners manual or his service manual.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Look at the shipping! $69.40 to ship to my house! I had a extra-10 rear skid shipped to my hosue from Minneapolis for $45 and it wieghed 70 lbs. There is now way that stuff costs more to ship than a complete extra-10 rear suspension!

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I had an SC-10 shipped and it cost $52, and that's coming from across Minnesota. This guy is in Marrinette about 120 miles from me, it costs me $59?[xx(]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts