Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend has a RXL that is throwing code 23. 23 is #3 fuel injector,
so we switched #2 and #3 around, so it should have said #2 was bad but didn't, still says #3 is the problem. Anyone know what it could be.

·
Registered
750 Posts
my buddy has the whole efi set up, if you need parts.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I had the same code and when I replaced it code went away. Could be in the wiring somewhere between the injector and the plug. I did have that problem with crank case temp sensor code. I'd go through the wiring harness just to make sure. I do have extra injectors should you need one.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by GotMud
[br]I had the same code and when I replaced it code went away. Could be in the wiring somewhere between the injector and the plug. I did have that problem with crank case temp sensor code. I'd go through the wiring harness just to make sure. I do have extra injectors should you need one.
Bingo, you have a bad connection between the computer and the injector plug. Test the continuity and I bet you find you have a short or open and (Most likely an open) then trace the wires back and find what happened.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had the same problem with my 500 last year. It was a coroded connection in the harness. It was the big plastic connection under the exhaust near the chain case. When I went to check those connections the plug was real hard to get apart. Once I did I noticed it was very green in some spots so I cleaned it up. Upon closer inspection one of the male plugs was broken off and still stuck in the female side. I ended up figuring out which wire it was and jumped the plug by splicing in a new wire. Sorry to be so long winded just to tell you to check all and every EFI connection you can- keep em cleaned and greased. Good luck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it. Followed the wires from the injector, green one went
to computer, tested out OK. Blue one and 2 more from the other injectors went to a white ceramic block bolted to the back of the battery box. Polaris web sight says it is a resistor. Unplugged
plugged back in problem solved. itd440snowrider maybe same thing
you found corroded.

Thanks everyone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts