Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if it matters what name brand chip you get to go with the triple pipes for the RXL. This chip says its for PSI pipes and is made by Chopper City Sports. Just wondering if this would work with a set of Decker triple pipes. These chips are a pain in the butt to find.

[attachment=59356]

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
You should get the correct chip, if you contact Aaen performance, they can make a chip specifically for your PSI pipes.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I don't think it'll make a huge difference. As long as the chip is only for triple pipes. Chips are also burned for cut heads and porting. Just make sure the chip you have is for triple pipes you should be fine.
Something else to consider is fuel pressure. I bought my chip directly from aaen and they suggested a fuel pressure regulator to go with the chip/pipes. The stock pressure regulator is non adjustable and the difference in pressures can range from 32-39 psi. Aaen suggests running fuel pressure at 36 psi and regulator can help you keep it there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think it would matter too much cause this chip is made for the 650 RXL triple. The only thing that's been done to my motor so far is it has been bored out .040 I'll definitely invest in a fuel pressure regulator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts