Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
I have a 93 RXL that rides like a lumber wagon.I have done all the engine work now and have it running nice,but can't stay on this damn thing.Does anyone have any ideas of what can be done to this rear suspension to ride better?
Springs and shocks were done a while ago.It has always rode like this.My Indy 650 was never this bad.
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Sounds to me like it's much too stiff. I would loosen up the torsion springs and get some nice fox shocks under it. I've got a 91 and it rides solid in the semi bumpy areas, but like everything else it struggles in the 1' rollers.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
The '93s had the ITS suspension. I do not know what Polaris was thinking, because they are worse than their predecessor, the Dial-Adjust. Anyway, springs and shocks are really what you have to play with there. You could try moving the rear torque arm to the forward-most hole in the slide rails. Also, you could try moving the front mounting bolts to the next lower hole, pushing the front of the suspension slightly further out of the tunnel. You may have to drill through the tunnel, but the hole should already be there on the backing plate.

And since I am sure it will be suggested to you sooner or later, you could always swap your suspension for an XTRA-10. It is a very viable option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts