Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that if you pipe a sled you have to jet it accordingly, but do I have to do anything if I put triple pipes on a 95 rxl EFI or will it sense the difference and adjust itself? If not what do I have to do?

· Registered
9,987 Posts
No, the RXL will not sense anything of the sort, it is not that intelligent.

Usually, when you buy a set of pipes for an RXL, you buy the matching remapped chip to go with it. If you didn't get one, you need to find one. Or wait till my map-it-yerself setup is done.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
No, the RXL will not sense anything of the sort, it is not that intelligent.

Usually, when you buy a set of pipes for an RXL, you buy the matching remapped chip to go with it. If you didn't get one, you need to find one. Or wait till my map-it-yerself setup is done.
So can I buy a set of pipes that came of an xlt 650 and buy the chip and have it work? And how much do they cost and where can I find one?

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Usually you go to the manufacturer of the pipes and see if they have one available. If they don't have one, they can at least tell you what the part# was, and you might be able to fine one on ebay.

If I knew the mapping, I could remap and burn a chip for you, but I have no idea what kind of map changes would be required for your particular set of pipes.

<edit> I just caught that you said XLT 650, and the XLT is only 580 or 600, I dunno if htose pipes wil work well at all.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Usually you go to the manufacturer of the pipes and see if they have one available. If they don't have one, they can at least tell you what the part# was, and you might be able to fine one on ebay.

If I knew the mapping, I could remap and burn a chip for you, but I have no idea what kind of map changes would be required for your particular set of pipes.
If I got that info for you could you do that? And how much would that cost me?

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Did you see this part of me last post?

{edit} I just caught that you said XLT 650, and the XLT is only 580 or 600, I dunno if htose pipes will work well at all.

Abbott911 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

Yes, if you got the necessary info from the manufacturer I could setup the map and burn the chip. If you got the whole map from the manufacturer, that would be even better.

If they provide the code and I just burn a chip, I can do it for $30 + shipping.

But if I need to adjust the maps myself then add some for my time to remap before burning, and you're looking at more like $50 to $100.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Did you see this part of me last post?

{edit} I just caught that you said XLT 650, and the XLT is only 580 or 600, I dunno if htose pipes will work well at all.

Abbott911 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

Yes, if you got the necessary info from the manufacturer I could setup the map and burn the chip. If you got the whole map from the manufacturer, that would be even better.

If they provide the code and I just burn a chip, I can do it for $30 + shipping.

But if I need to adjust the maps myself then add some for my time to remap before burning, and you're looking at more like $50 to $100.
Alright Ill see if I can get that for the pipes I want to buy and buy them and Ill pm you if I need you to do that for me. Thanks alot, I appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.