Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im extending my 95 xlt to a 136 using a xcr 136 skid i got.
first ? is what the largest lug size is that I can use is without changing drivers.
second ? is what kind of clutching and gearing changes i would need to make over stock?
third is how i show go about mocking the new 136 skid into place on this 121 sled? thanks guys

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and also is it possible to use a 133" track with the 136" skid? can u move the skid up or anything to fit the track? because i can get a way better deal on a 133" track than a 136". thanks again guys

·
Registered
161 Posts
you whouldnt need to do anything to the clutch, but youd might want to gear up a little bit if your going to be doing trail/deep powder ridding. i think the largest lug size you could put on is 1 1/4 someone else can verify that for you. should bolt up in the same places as your old skid did the only thing you would need to do to the tunnel is to extend it over the track. you whould not be able to fit a 133 inch track onto a 136 inch skid, but you could do it vise versa, fit a 136 inch track onto a 133 inch skid. id recomend for a track is the camoplast predator, i have it on my indy 5 136 and its a great track

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Originally posted by fuji488
[br]you whouldnt need to do anything to the clutch, but youd might want to gear up a little bit if your going to be doing trail/deep powder ridding. i think the largest lug size you could put on is 1 1/4 someone else can verify that for you. should bolt up in the same places as your old skid did the only thing you would need to do to the tunnel is to extend it over the track. you whould not be able to fit a 133 inch track onto a 136 inch skid, but you could do it vise versa, fit a 136 inch track onto a 133 inch skid. id recomend for a track is the camoplast predator, i have it on my indy 5 136 and its a great track
Close...

Clutching; you will need to change your clutching to get best performance, what changes you make depends on what track you use and your gearing.

I geared down 2 teeth on top to have a ratio of 2.05 (19 on top, 39 on bottom)

You can go up to a 1.5 maybe a 1.75" track and not have to change drivers, it will be close though.

You will not be able to use a 133" track on a 136" skid, any of the older tourings used a 133" skid, so unless you have one of those, cant be done without headache.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Originally posted by sledhead6969
[br]did you change driversa with your 1.5 Inch? Mdmaniac?
He did not change the drivers and I'm pretty sure his whole skid/ 1.5" track is in place and there is clearance. He's told me my 136x1.5" track is going to clear the front cooler on my XLT so he better be right [}:)] I've measured and it looks like it will fit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts