Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any Michigan members are interested there will be a run what ya brung style drag race on Lake Fenton this coming Saturday, Christmas Tree start and a radar gun will be on hand, here are the details:

I plan on attending unless Northern lower Mi get hammered with new snow this coming week but I am not counting on it.

ICE Drag Races 1-8-11 (Lake Fenton MI)

ICE Snowmobile Drags
Grudge matches starting at 8 am til dark.

Trail sled parking is available at the Lake Fenton public access off of Grove Park Rd.
Race sled parking is available at the Fenton Moose Lodge 2245 Sonora Dr.
Moose Lodge has granted use of their easement onto the lake.
Food and drinks will be available thru a member at lodge.
Christmas tree is setup at the North end of lake.
$10 allows you to use the light all day long.
660' track with lots of shutdown room.
Lay downs & turbos welcome.
Great day to test & tune.
Radar guns on location.
No readouts available.
For more info call
240-520-4879

Just like this ad someone is going DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Good time to test and tune...how much ice are we talking on the lake? Im a wuss when it comes to lakes. I like to see at least 12" before I will walk on it lol

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
have fun dude....The only ice I do is in my Jack n Cokes.

Snow is on the way for the snowbelt....This morning they were even calling for 2-4 for here and lots of predicted blue colors showing on the weathermap for the snowbelt.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dodger said:
have fun dude....The only ice I do is in my Jack n Cokes.

Snow is on the way for the snowbelt....This morning they were even calling for 2-4 for here and lots of predicted blue colors showing on the weathermap for the snowbelt.
Predictions are one thing, seeing it on the ground is another, and they are gonna need at least 10 inches before I even think about spending the money to go up there, I am only gonna get a couple of chance to get up there to trail ride and I am gonna make damn sure there is good snow, remember roger this is a complete start over, its not like there is anything left for these bits and pieces to fall on, and it is only lake effect not system snow so you know what thats like riding on when there is no base underneath, ok enough of that rant, did you get a envelope in the mail yet???? I am thinking you should have by now.....Steve.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Heck they are talking about guys falling through ice in the U.P.

Just watched the news, 2-4 for the next 24 hours and a Alberta clipper behind......We gotta keep the faith. At least now I don't feel so bad about not having the Gulla sled finished....

Yep, got the M/O today. Thanks dude. You could sell an Eskimo snow I think

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
bummer Steve, Mother nature has it in for you.....

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/286-michigan/510513-lake-fenton-jan-8th-race-cancelled.html

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I got a call from one of the admin/promoters this morning, no bit deal, I'm gonna go hit White Lake this Saturday and basically do the same thing for free minus the starting tree and radar gun, the story is that a water hole opened up near the area where this was gonna happen so they postponed it, never the less I will be on the ICE somewhere this Saturday, I can guarantee that!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts