Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ride was a wonderful day. good weather, good people, and great trails!!!
I also learned alot. like if you hit a small pine tree in deep snow you will get stuck. if you get 10 feet from the tree and tip you sled over it will roll onto you and flood out the motor. haha.

also, if you ride with people who are scared of the dark. well, I guess there aint much you can do.

if you sell oil, give mnsledneck56308 a call...he might be getting a little low.

I now know that being able to leave friends behind because they didnt make it on time. that if stranded on an island i could kill them and eat them for me to survive.

no matter what ditchbanger says, dont let him seperate you from the group and take you into the woods.

if an artic cat could make the trip from start to finish and the IQ cant, Then we really need to look at polaris parts quality. lol

cookies, brauts and buns dont hold up in the rear seat box. kinda messy this morning.

I have to work on my obsessive compulsive dissorder. I am sure it got old to the leaders of "where are we now? where are we going? what trails are we taking to get there? what time is it now? what time will we get there? how long will we be there? where are we going from there?

I also want to give a super huge thanks to the leaders of the group. without them we would have been a bunch of goofs on the beaten trails like everyone else. but instead we just followed them for some awsome hidden trails, fun woods riding and a good amount of off trail deep snow. cant say enough of how much of a great day it was. we put on close to 140 miles, about 1/3 got pretty choppy

95xcr600 should get the fanatic of the trip award. he made it up from iowa with grapeape. but on the rough parts of the trails he hung in there even on the 8 inch suspension. he has to be a hurting unit this morning.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Sounds like a good time..Lets see some pics!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Madcow is right. Saturday was a huge blast! Ditchbanger and Greasemonkey were awesome tour guides and showed us some really great places to ride. They should definitely be commended for the the time spent showing us all around. You guys rock!

Originally posted by madcow
[br]95xcr600 should get the fanatic of the trip award. he made it up from Iowa with grapeape. but on the rough parts of the trails he hung in there even on the 8 inch suspension. he has to be a hurting unit this morning.
I don't need any awards... but I DO NEED A NEW SLED!!! Madcow, I actually have an Xtra-10 in that sled, but I think it rides like the 8" suspension. It was a really rough ride at the end of the day. My body is so beat. As for being a hurting unit... I'm going to need a couple of days to recuperate. My knees and thighs are the worst. Its kind of hard to walk today.

I have a bunch of pictures that I'm going to send to Erick so he can upload them to the server along with everyone else's pics, but I will at least post this one...

[attachment=24610]

Okay, maybe this one too...

[attachment=24611]

Sorry Darkstar [:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Indeed! Me, Erick, Paul, and Tim had a good day of riding on saturday also. Erick got the IQ fixed up pretty quickly and paul and I met up with him and did some riding. My so called friends that were up there know how to party but don't know sh*t about getting going in the morning, they just arn't the same kind of sledder as we on the forum are. Anyway I'll post pics and whatnot tomorrow probably.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Nothing that a trip to the local hardware store can't fix. Two hours of fooling around and $50 in tools (pipe cutter, pipe bender, double flaring tool, quarter inch brake pipe, etc) to fix the actual problem and I was ready to rock and roll. I did manage over 100 miles on Saturday too.

That really sucked. I wanted to ride more with everyone too but it did not work out. We need a GPS tracking system to keep track of where everyone is at so we can catch up if needed. I think all in all, in my days there, I did get on about 350 to 400 miles.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
SF Mn Ride........

Pizza....20 dollars (to whispering pines)
Oil......40 dollars (all in quarts from the knotty pine)
Oil Pump....162.59 (to be purchased today)
The great ride...The great new Friends..The great Stories...
[/size=6]PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone, the guides, Erick,Dark, for the planning, the whisper. Its was a great time. Well I better get back to WORK! hahahahaha More stories to follow, right ERICK?????????

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Glad you guys had fun, now if we only had some consitent snow to get our ride together. Is that Ian's sled in the pictures. The special getting stuck?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yep, That would be ME.[:D] I have never said that she doesnt get stuck, everytime it does get stuck there is a tree near by though. Both of those pics are within about 10 feet of each other. Long story short started getting sucked into the tree and decided it was a little too thick to run over. Once a few guys got me away from the tree and I started moving again the sled got thrown back and forth at the bottom of the gully and then ended up on it's side, where it flooded out. Once we got it right side up and started again I made it out of that gully. I wasnt the only one to get stuck, but for some strange reason there arent pics of the other stucks.[:D]

Anyway, the trip came off 10 times better than I anticipated. A HUGE SPECIAL THANKS to Greasemonkey, Ditchbanger, Sleds4Life and their entire groups. I still dont know how we managed to pack on 160 miles on Saturday with that many people and NO ONE got lost.

It was unfortunate that their were a few mishaps that kept the entire group from getting to ride as one group, but the good thing was that everyone got to ride.

Highlights of the weekend include:

The best riding i have done in that area!

Meeting a lot of great people. It amazed me at how well we all just clicked. Everyone mingled with each other, they didnt stick to the people they came with.

Watching someone hop off their sled, rip the hood open, thinking the engine is blown, only to be told he was riding with his choke on [:D]. Who does that? Timmy...

Watching someone eat two 1/2lb burgers and then get back on their sled to ride the last 12 miles of bumpy beat up trails. Brett what were you thinking? [:)]

Getting to watch our very own Daunte Fumblepepper throw a log like a girl [:D], you guys didnt know that one of our very own members is Daunte did you [8D] Erick you should give Daunte a Raise or maybe get him to lift some weights.....

Keeping warm by the bonfire, having beers and enjoying the entertainment that happens when all those things are mixed together, especially by some of our members that have just recently joined the "legal" drinking age club.

and the chugging contest of the weekend was unfortunately not won by any of our members.... It was however won by a sled owned by one of our members. MNsledneck will you please bring your sled forward so that it can claim it's prize. The sled drank more oil than any of us drank in beer. I think you better check her into AA [:)]

Well, I'm sure I will think of more and I will post pictures later today... I was too lazy when I got home yesterday to do anything but sit on the couch [:D]

·
Registered
85 Posts
just to let everyone know, my name is Danny and I guess I am deans "so called friends", I was riding the 02 xc800. Anyways, Dean you dont have to say that about us because we stayed behind because we fixed Dereks sled, but you on the other hand left us behind on saturday, we wanted to go but we wouldnt leave without derek, friends dont leave friends behind, and friends dont get mad at people and wave their arms in the air cause we were going to slow on the trails, i guess im not the only one that doesnt want to go 90 around turns, one reason why is because i have 4 inch carbides with 200 studs, but thats not the point, the point is that you left us behind and your complaining about us being partiers, ridiculious. "EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO GO, MEET OVER THERE" Im not trying to be a dick but im just saying that cause of what you said and it not being the truth

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks like it was a lot of fun. Still waiting for snow here. Maybe this week.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Sounds like a blast.. Great to hear about the ride and that the fanatic's got together and had a blast.. Looks like all of us will have to do some type of group ride each season.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Glad everyone had a good time. Noe everybody can see why I keep a trailer up there all winter. After I started rideing up there 7 years ago I just can,t see myself going anywhere else. People DO have to look out while rideing off trail up there when the snow conditions are low. It can get real spendy for some. Rocks and creeks do not go too well with some sleds.It was too bad everyone could not get together for the sat. morning ride, it would have been a great time. Next time we will just have to plan a little more. All in all , it was a good time for most. Once again, i,m glad everyone had fun. Time to go and service the sled so I can get up there thurs. to play some more and find some more secret trails.
P.S. sledneck, Scott thanks you for the business. I have to bring up more oil for him this week. The 16 quarts I brought up last week wasn,t enough. You claened him out!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Great summary Darkstar and Madcow! Glad you guys had fun. . . even though we didn't have 4 feet of powder to play in. There are LOTS of areas to play in up there. This is our crews 9 season of riding up there, and we find new play spots and secret trails almost every weekend.

LOTS of riding left this year! [:D]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by pro785racr
[br]just to let everyone know, my name is Danny and I guess I am deans "so called friends", I was riding the 02 xc800. Anyways, Dean you dont have to say that about us because we stayed behind because we fixed Dereks sled, but you on the other hand left us behind on saturday, we wanted to go but we wouldnt leave without derek, friends dont leave friends behind, and friends dont get mad at people and wave their arms in the air cause we were going to slow on the trails, i guess im not the only one that doesnt want to go 90 around turns, one reason why is because i have 4 inch carbides with 200 studs, but thats not the point, the point is that you left us behind and your complaining about us being partiers, ridiculious. "EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO GO, MEET OVER THERE" Im not trying to be a dick but im just saying that cause of what you said and it not being the truth
I was doing the arm waving because I was already frustrated about everything that had happened that morning. If you didn't want to ride as hard then just let whoever is leading know. It is understandable. I don't have any problems with parting, I drank all the beer I brought up there and a nice slug of Erick's Dr. Phil [:D]. I'm just saying that we were late twice and I did not get to ride with the forum members here because of you guys! I do not blame them one bit for not waiting. I went around and told everyone at 8am that we were going to ride up at 8:30 to Finland to meet with the group. Then everyone just sits on their a$$ and doesn't get anything going and next thing we know it is 9:20 and we are finally all ready to go and I look at lardo's sled and his hyfax are toast. I said who is going who is staying and me and Paul booked it up to finland and everyone was already gone. Luckily we ran into Erick and Neil (I think it was) so me and Paul were able to ride with those two most of the day.

This is the kind of thing that happens ANYTIME you try to have a gathering of 30+ people. Unless EVERYONE is on the ball with their riding ability and their timeliness this is what happens.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ok, all you had to say was meet up with us later, you didnt have to wait for us, we could have had a meeting place or something, dont get pissed at us for making you late and miss the ride, there was alternatives

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Originally posted by Darkstar
[br]I wasnt the only one to get stuck, but for some strange reason there arent pics of the other stucks.[:D]
I apologize about those being the only stuck pictures. I don't know if anyone else has any, but yours is the only one I have pics of. I guess thats because it was one of the few times I was actually with the entire group.

In no way am I complaining. In fact, I would once again like to extend a thank you to those of you that made sure that GrapeApe and I didn't get lost in the forest to become cougar fodder. I know that a couple guys were a little put off by the fact that we don't ride near as fast, but we did what we could and those guys held their tongues.

I could make all kinds of excuses like my sled is slower, my suspension isn't great, the trails were too rough, etc etc... a couple of the excuses might even be part of the truth, but the real truth is that I'm really really out of shape! [:D] I'm gonna have to work on that one.

The trip odometer on my sled shows 176.2 miles that were put on during the ride on Saturday. As far as I'm concerned, those are the best 176 miles I've ever had on my sled. I may be beaten and sore as hell today (still!), but I had a great time up there.

It was great to meet everyone of you and I look forward to next years trip. Hopefully next year I will have an Edge chassis and be in much better shape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a pretty good time all weekend except for friday when it was 99.8 degrees out. Turns out the Ski Dont wasnt liking that warm weather. Saturday and Sunday turned out pretty good, it stayed cool and we got a little bit more snow. And Dean, Danny is right ya know.
You could have left we still had all of Saturday and Sunday to meet up. I have no hard feelings and you shouldnt either.

02 Ski Doo MXZX

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Well....I'm glad to hear you all had a great time! Sounds like a lot of fun was had.[8D]

...unfortunately, I'm also a bit jealous[}:)]it seems that our NY forum ride may once again be snuffed out, thanx to Mother Nature, who apparently has a 6 week long spell of P.M.S.[}:)] (beeyatch)

Can't wait to see more pics......of someone having fun riding[:p]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Yeah, we could have met up later I spose. But I was already frustrated with what else happend on my sled that you know about and I talked to Damian about today. Anything more use the Private Message feature as we don't really need it on this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Roger that. All in all though it was a pretty good ride. We all got to ride together on Sunday for a while. It was our first trip this year and not everything went like planned, but it sounds like everyone had a good time so thats good...yet another reprieve.

02 Ski Doo MXZX 440

1 - 20 of 31 Posts