1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!
i am new here.
how fast is the 2004 saber cat 700?
should i get the saber cat or a fire cat 700?
i rid trails and deep snow.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW is there any problems with the new 700 engine?

i curently ride a 1991 actic cat 440 and a 2002 yamaha kodiak 4x4.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
noone has a sabercat yet, unless someone here tests cats and doesnt tell us, but if u like the trails and arent the very agressive type, go with the saber cat, it is just a lil plusher suspension than a firecat neway

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my dealar has a saber cat right now.
i am a agresive rider but i also like to get in the deep stuff also so would the saber cat long trake be better for me?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I would suggest a F7 EXT (normal F7 with 144" track) It will give you the best of both worlds. If you are a bigger person (200+lbs.) you will probably prefer the normal Firecat suspension to the sabercat's. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The sabercat is AC's version of the switchback(sks) correct?? If so, then bigwilly makes a great point....but if your a smaller guy and don't always ride balls to the wall on the trails then the sabercat would suit you well...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I thought the Sabercat was ACs version of the trail cruiser. No?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br]I thought the Sabercat was ACs version of the trail cruiser. No?
No...it's a Switchback. Latest Snowtech Magazine reviewed all the Switchback models.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The EXT versions are what they are considering a "Switchback" type sled. I saw one at the dealer the other day they look sweet in black and red.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i weigh 220 pounds.
wich one will trail ride beter.
i did not no that the fire cat had a long track, thanks i will look into that one.
what is the fire cats top speed?
does it have allot of tourke?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want reverse, electric start, mirrors and something that is good in deep snow, go with the Sabercat EFI EXT. If you dont need all of the extra features, and you want to save yourself a little cash, go with the F7 EFI EXT. Both are the long track versions.

Top speeds on both machines is fast 115 mil/hr or more.

Tons of tourke.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts