Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that if you tip a firecat onto its side it creates air bubbles in the oil line. What about tipping a sabercat onto its right side?

How far can it be tipped onto its right side?

So can i tip it onto its left side as much as i want or not?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
i dont think it creates air bubbles lol...why would they make a sled like that. It would be a useless sled

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
There's no difference between the two models other than shock and graphic packages.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Ive tipped our sabercat quite a few times carving etc.. Nothing like thats ever came up.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats true.

and 99 ZL 500, you should shut your mouth.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
They recommend you not tip them on their right side for an excessive length of time. It creates air bubbles in the oil lines.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Its the same as the firecats, The thing is the oil resivior is on the right side and if you leave it tipped over for extendid amounts of time it is possible to get bubbles in the oil line but not to likely! Best way to avoid this is keep the oil as full as possible! Tipping it while riding is not enough time to get air bubbles in the line, they are talking more about while you work on your ride, like putting in studs or somthing that requires the sled to be on its side for long periods of time. I work on mine all the time and check the oil line afer im done and never had a problem. Only time i had to bleed the line is when i pull the motor and put it back in! If by chance it does happen it is possible to cease the oil pump then the motor if its not getting any oil. By the way im sure this could happen to any sled with oil injection.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Really? I would think that Arctic Cat would do something about that just hearing those words makes me get butterflies. How would you get the air bubbles out of the oil line? Would you bleed the lines or would the pump automatically just starting giving some oil or would it make some heating issues come up. Hmm......i've never heard of that that is interesting....

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Its very hard for the bubbles to work their way all the way to the oil pump do to the way the oil line is routed! IF the sled/ any sled is left on its side for extentended amount of time it is possible and should be checked. IF it does happen you can bleed the line and watch the air bubbles go back up the line to the resivior where it will be fine. Like i said this can basically happen on any sled that is not full with oil!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
It probably would but it never happens, Its just in the owners manual as a pecaution. I have never actually heard of it happening to anyone. If It has happened to anybody i would like to know about it though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts