Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of doing 1 of 3- things. One is move to the western part of the country where it still dumps snow!! 2nd is be Mr patient and wait and pray for snow every living moment this season like I did last year. 3rd is sell all my snowmobiling stuff and GET OUT NOW!!!!!!! I have roughly around 12000 to 15000 dollars invested in this sport and all I do is look at it in my yard This will kill a grown man. What should I do????????????

Sorry I am a little pissed off at mother nature at this time.

Weight Transfer

·
Registered
666 Posts
Be patient, snow will come.

·
Registered
666 Posts
something tells me erick is writing you a novel right now, so be prepaired.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Hang in there. The lack of snow is killing right now though. The manufacturers are going to hurt, the aftermarket companies are going to hurt, sledding magazines will hurt, and websites will hurt as people get out of sledding and on to something else!! It completely SUCKS!! Not a whole lot we can do though...except go with the flow and pray for snow. I just don't know...

·
Registered
690 Posts
i feel the same way too, if we dont get much this year i am selling my sled and i will just ride all of mom and dads sleds if we get any snow

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Anther reason Im glad I live in Wyoming.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
MOVE TO THE WASTNER PART!!!... few days ago my grandpaw said that in 20 year it will snow like crazy for another 20 years then it will be like this again and do it over and over like that.. he was drunk when he told me that.. but mayeb he is right

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Hang in there, I'm doing exactly the opposite, I just emailed about 7 dealers looking for my next sled, not having much luck finding it though!!!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
We have had hot summers in NH, and rainy summers in NH. In the last 10 years, we have had great winters with the exception of last year. Frustrating as it may be Charlie....hang in there..when it snows....ride like hell!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
i would say PACK UP AND MOVE FFFAAAASSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Well guys, I know it's depressing. I want to ride badly out of my back yard, but I will have to trailer it north. Hang in there.

Also I was talking to a guy who is going to be a Marine Biologist major and he claims that in 50 years Wisconsin is going to have weather like North Carolina. You know what I did, I laughed, the reason being Wisconsin started keeping track of weather back in the 1850's, we have no idea how the weather was before that time. Everything on this planet works in a cycle, weather is no different, it will come around.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think at this time I am jumping the gun on the attitude toward the season here in New Hampshire. I would really hate to sell everything or even move. After some of the positive feed back I will pray at least for the month of January.[V]

Weight Transfer

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Originally posted by weight transfer
[br].............. I have roughly around 12000 to 15000 dollars invested in this sport and all I do is look at it in my yard This will kill a grown man. What should I do????????????
Weight Transfer
You should sit and suffer like the rest of us that live east of the Rockies.
While its true that most of us are getting very impatient while waiting for snow, the reality of it is that technically Winter only started 12 days ago.
Be patient.
Now if it still looks like this at the end of January, we'll have to do something drastic...... like sacrifice a virgin or something.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
It snowed alot untill i got my sled last year and bam no snow. its crazy i want snow. i am looking out the window and it is sunny with the grass showing, hell... i think the grass is growing!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
its funny I have had this conversation with a lot of people lately. I am just glad my sled has been paid off for a while. basically what a lot of us agreed on is that buying new off the showroom is getting way way to expensive. but you can buy 1-3 year old sled in minnesota for pratically nothing if you shop around and do it at the right time you will definatly get the good deals. or just keep customizing our current sleds.
in 2 more years if the winters are like this or even a little better. you will be able to buy a 900 fusion for around 3 grand I bet.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by madcow
[br]its funny I have had this conversation with a lot of people lately. I am just glad my sled has been paid off for a while. basically what a lot of us agreed on is that buying new off the showroom is getting way way to expensive. but you can buy 1-3 year old sled in minnesota for pratically nothing if you shop around and do it at the right time you will definatly get the good deals. or just keep customizing our current sleds.
in 2 more years if the winters are like this or even a little better. you will be able to buy a 900 fusion for around 3 grand I bet.
I hear ya All my stuff is paid off as well but I feel money going down hill each season due to sleds not holding any value. In other words they sit and lose daily at least at my house. I would rather be able to ride my sled and watch value go down hill opposed to sitting in the v-nose.

Weight Transfer

1 - 20 of 57 Posts