Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I hear that. I do enjoy hoping on my edge chassis RMK once in a while for fun though! Would love to get my hands on another prox/xr to build.
For now I'll just stick to tossing money on mods for the Project Assault.

Fortunately we always have enough snow to ride somewhere in the state during the winter. Already been out rip'n in the mountains up here this season!

Just as we can "Like" a post we should have the option to "Dislike" a post lol.....that is for riding already this season!

·
Registered
60 Posts
And for those that were left after Erick sold out, many had problems logging in after the mandatory password change due to a data breach, and never got back on. :icon_smile_blackeye
Yup I just got back in here after a couple years of not being able to log in. I'm ready to give it a 2nd chance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yup I just got back in here after a couple years of not being able to log in. I'm ready to give it a 2nd chance.
Hmmm, beyond sad. This is like Planet of the Apes. There is nothing left here. I guess people don't wait around for problems to be fixed, they just move somewhere else. Now to find where they moved to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It sucks because all everybody talks about is old shitty sleds and I only know about newer sleds. I was only kid when the polaris wedge chassis was out. I know more about fuel injectors than I do carbs.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I became a member here back in 2004. I am AMAZED at how dead it is here now. I can remember when in the winter months after a weekend away more or less (I did most of my time here while at work) I would have 3 or 4 pages of" New Posts" to catch up on. Crazy how things change.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Haven't been around here in a long time either. It's great to still see some of the old names from back in the day...Still riding my 05 Yamaha Rage out of the Knotted Pine with Greasemonkey and Wallygator. Some of those SF rides out of there will be with me forever. Been riding that area for 16 years now and it never gets old:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am brand new to this forum and don't know what it was like in the old days. Its been an awful winter in my part of North east Ontario and a lack of snow combined with wet weather has made riding south of the nickel belt hard. Some of the young fellows I work with are buying new sleds and heading further north or west in search of better snow.

I also notice young people use cell phones, tweet and are not as prone to sit and post a question or comment on PC of the kind that us over the age of 45 types are accustom too. I don't think snowmobile riding is falling out of fashion, but I do think posting on a list server is becoming an old people thing.

Just my .02

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
Yep, I stop in every now and then to take a look but there's not much happening.

Winter here was crap again. Got a Colorado low like 10 days ago that put wet slop everywhere, some people are out riding. I haven't driven a mile this year. Have a '15 sled I bought brand new in '15. Has 7 hours and 250 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Just logged into an old computer and this site was still on my favorites so i logged in. Surprised its so dead now, i used to log in every day after school in middle/high school. How the times have changed...:beer:

·
Registered
122 Posts
yup, this place was my go to place after HCS. I haven't been logged in here for quite some time but with the password fiasco, didn't bother and then it went downhill.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Logged in on a whim just to see what's all going on. Looking at the dates of the threads is kinda sad. Hope it picks up again. I used to be on here all the time helping when I could, reading to learn more. Wishing I could build an awesome machine like so many did. Now days, I'm usually out in the shop working on old Mustangs, no sleds left.

Seeing all those names brings back some good memories when I had a sled. Sold it a few years back because of poor snow conditions and was getting tired of having to trailer to do any good riding. Watching all of the builds happening was awesome. Helping others and getting help. A lot of very knowledgeable used to frequent this forum...looks like some still do.

Did not know Eric sold the forum. That's a shame. What happened? I met him once at the swap meet in Minnesota and gave him a mirror I etched with the SF logo on it for a bit of appreciation for this site. Hope he still has it.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts