Snowmobile Fanatics banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I remember when the change over happened it didn't seem like it was long after that it started dieing out wasn't a member here long before the change over but it was my go to site then I started joining some of these other ones, I splurged for premo over on snowest now seems to be the most active forum these days, plus it seems my premo here disappeared, HCS is even pretty quite though in the threads I view snowest isn't much better, I wish this site had an actual chat window like snowest does

·
Super Moderator
11,649 Posts
Did not know Eric sold the forum. That's a shame. What happened?
Life, I reckon. Simply put, I believe his interests shifted a number of years back.

Reactions: Polaris-Man

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Life, I reckon. Simply put, I believe his interests shifted a number of years back.
I think same happened with a lot of other people in tandem with facebook blowing up as a central hub of everything in the world now days, I was on here long before I had a facebook

not sure the ages of a lot of the guys on hear but id imagine back then they were as old as I am now or maybe a little older and family probably took over too

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
honestly I really haven't found much for good sled pages either

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
I'm game for another Fanatics ride just for old times sake !!
Wouldn't that be something? When was the last one? 2011? I think I had my 800 Rush out there for one ride.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I never had the chance to join the SF rides but would certainly put some thought towards it if people were serious enough to organize one. Where did everyone meet?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm down for a group ride my biggest issue is when I was active it seemed most of the rides were outeast I can't justify 16+hrs drive time to ride, I mean if money wasn't an issue heck yeah I'd be there

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
18 hrs for me......I think 8 hrs may be my limit to drive and ride. There are many great places to go within 6 hrs of me. If it were a great year and the money was available a fly-in and rental sled would work.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
isabella is an 8hr jaunt even for me but my aunt lives in the cities could maybe make a vacation of it all depending on when, what kinda riding you guys have up north, whats an out of stater new to ride there

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
Greasemonkey told me about this thread suggestion. I'm in if the right date is picked!
Man it'd be interesting to meet up with you guys again, if it was in January it'd be 8 years since the last one.

Doubt I could make it. Just had a kid, would only be like 2 months old in January, wife probably wouldn't appreciate that too much. Haha.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
isabella is an 8hr jaunt even for me but my aunt lives in the cities could maybe make a vacation of it all depending on when, what kinda riding you guys have up north, whats an out of stater new to ride there
We do a combination of trail , logging roads and some off trail ( if we have enough snow )
We have had people come from Iowa, Manitoba ,the Dakotas , cheeseland and a lot of flatlanders ( had to teach them how to ride on twisty trails though :) :) :) )

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
We do a combination of trail , logging roads and some off trail ( if we have enough snow )
We have had people come from Iowa, Manitoba ,the Dakotas , cheeseland and a lot of flatlanders ( had to teach them how to ride on twisty trails though :) :) :) )
not sure my mountain machine would get along well.... wish i still had my XLT itd be better suited, guess ill be riding the Snojet lol

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I live in the cities and drive up Friday after work just to ride on Saturday than back home Sunday. An 8 hour drive would well be worth 2-3 days riding in the area. I've been riding with Greasemonkey and Wallygator up there for over 17 years now and love the area! This year I'm upgrading to a 144 RMK 600 instead of my old trusty Yamaha Rage and am stoked for the upcomming season. Lots of guys are up there riding on 151 skids so its not uncommon to see them especially in the swamps and off trail.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts