Snowmobile Fanatics banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Man it'd be interesting to meet up with you guys again, if it was in January it'd be 8 years since the last one.

Doubt I could make it. Just had a kid, would only be like 2 months old in January, wife probably wouldn't appreciate that too much. Haha.
Would love to see you make it! I promise not to party in your cabin the night before you leave for the ride home :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I run a 144 track 1 3/8 lug. with no problems.
I live in the cities and drive up Friday after work just to ride on Saturday than back home Sunday. An 8 hour drive would well be worth 2-3 days riding in the area. I've been riding with Greasemonkey and Wallygator up there for over 17 years now and love the area! This year I'm upgrading to a 144 RMK 600 instead of my old trusty Yamaha Rage and am stoked for the upcomming season. Lots of guys are up there riding on 151 skids so its not uncommon to see them especially in the swamps and off trail.
Sleds in pieces right now if all goes right itll be 163X2.4 by the end of the week

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Just like most of you, I've held on to my 2005 Rage all these years. Looks like this year will be different though. Going to upgrade to a 15 RMK 144 if everything works out. Was looking at a new sled last year but since I only get out to ride 3-4 times a year decided to run the Yami another year until the stars aligned themselves again...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
I promise not to party in your cabin the night before you leave for the ride home :D
Hahaha, thanks. That wasn't the highlight of all the trips out that way... :icon_smile_tongue:

Reactions: 2SEWINGS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep this site REALLY died after Erick sold it,SF was a fun and busy place back in its prime! Snowest and HCS are about the only 2 general sled forums left that still have some activity. Most people just use FB group pages now to get their info and buy/sell parts, some of the sled groups I am in have 60k+ members.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Most large groups are real off topic sh*t shows too. Marketplace is even screwing up Facebook groups. Making them a real pain to Admin. and Moderate. People post something to marketplace and just click to post it to all groups they are a member, whether it belongs there or not. They get one warning from me to remove or they are gone with the ad.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts