Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 503 safari. 20160131_203409.jpg
20160131_203342.jpg It starts right up, idles and revs up, but if there's any load like moving forward it just seem like it lacking power. I haven't touch anything on the sled yet. I was thinking someone might have a quick answer for me. Tonight I will remove the belt and check the track and see if anything is seized up. But I don't suspect anything because it will move at a lower rpm.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Rebuild the clutches, service the chaincase and ensure nothing is seized up would be the best start

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Track seems to spin ok nothing seems to bind. But it runs a bit wonky I notice the plugs were very oily and the oil injection is about 3/8" advanced from the location marks for more oil. There's also alot of tared up oil on the mounting plate. the back of the engine and starter are also covered in oil. I checked compression and the pto is 128 and mag is 130. After 5 pulled each with the plugs removed. I still want to take the primary apart and inspect. And inspect the chain case. But I'm deep in a Polaris chain case right now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it sorted out the secondary was missing a cam shoe. Clutch haves were binding and not spreading apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts