Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 91? or so safari for my wife, not really sure what year. It does have independent front suspension.It's in awsome shape, it was owned by an older lady who used it maybe twice a year. Anyway, it's leaking oil from around the outlet at the bottom of the oil tank. There is an o ring there, but how do I take it appart to replace? Does it twist appart or ?. Not sure if I can get my hand inside to hold the other end.Do not want to take this to the shop. If I cant fix I will mix the gas, but would rather not.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Did you empty the oil out of the tank? I would pull the line off farther down and drain the oil into something if you havn't already done so. It will make messing around with it a lot easier.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the oil is out.Pulled the tank right out of it.Inside there's a post that reads the oil level that goes through the bottom of the oil tank to the oil line and low oil sensor wires. The o ring seals it.Do I just turn and pull or is it two piece and twist them appart?Not sure what you mean by L fitting.Any help would be great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts